Account Executive, Strategic
Heap has experienced rapid growth in our customer base over the past few years. We have built a great team with a great culture and are now expanding that team. We’re looking for someone on the East Coast with a track record of not just overachieving quota, but also overachieving on pipeline generation. Heap offers all AEs a compelling uncapped compensation plan with accelerators and you can work remote. Of course, we may need you to come into our NY office every now and then.
You'll be the most direct source of revenue growth at Heap. You'll empower every type of company, from Fortune 500 retailers to fast-growing mobile apps. You'll be the main steward of Heap's brand to new and existing large customers. As we scale, your insights will dictate how our sales team operates at 10 and 100 people.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a quota-carrying rep at a SaaS company
- Experience running sales cycles in their entirety -- from cold outbound to close, turning leads into happy, paying customers
- Knowledge of the marketing tech or web analytics space would be a big feather in your cap
- Excited by uncertainty - As an early sales hire, you won’t be a cog in a well-oiled machine. Instead, you’ll help build our sales infrastructure and culture from the ground up.
- Comfortable talking to a variety of users - Heap plays a day-to-day role for a wide range of people: engineers, marketers, product managers, designers, data scientists, and CEOs. You’ll interface with some or all of these in an organization to close deals.
- A strong communicator - Analytics can get overwhelming. Can you empathize with our customers, zero in on their needs, and articulate how Heap satisfies those needs?
- A fast learner - To gain our customers' trust, you need to know Heap and the analytics market better than anyone else. After a sales call with you, the prospect or customer should feel invigorated and educated.
- Ruthless at prioritization and time management - You’ll be aggressive about prioritizing, qualifying, and devoting exactly as much time as needed to close deals.
For New York City-based candidates, the on-target earnings for this role is anticipated to be $300,000. The anticipated pay is based on information as of the time this post was generated. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications, and experience.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $205M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we are currently named #17 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!