Lead Security Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2023
Observe.AI is the fastest way to boost contact center performance with live conversation intelligence. Built on the most accurate AI engine in the industry, Observe.AI uncovers insights from 100% of customer interactions and maximizes frontline team performance through coaching and end-to-end workflow automation. With Observe.AI, companies can act faster with real-time insights and guidance to improve performance, from more sales to higher retention.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners, including Pearson, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, Southeast Trans, and Public Storage. Our recent $125 million Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Zoom Video Communications, Inc., brings our total funding to date to $213M, with investments from Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Emergent Ventures, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
We're looking for a hands-on security engineer to play a key role in building Observe.AI’s Information Security Program. As an early member of the Observe.AI Information Security team, you'll play an impactful role in the security program’s priorities and direction. We work across company security challenges while ensuring that business requirements and partnerships with the AI/ML, engineering, DevSecOps, and other teams remain front of mind.
At Observe.AI, you are expected to be hands-on and craft scalable solutions for multiplex problems. Develop and scale the capabilities across the program to prevent, detect, and respond to security events and threats. Develop detection and response capabilities, metrics, and KPIs. We strive to implement high-quality data-driven security engineering solutions.
What You Will Do as a Lead Security Engineer :
- Identify evaluate, develop, deploy, and manage security tooling in the DevSecOps lifecycle
- Understand the organization needs to configure them provide maximum value and reduce false alarms
- Identify and respond to security incidents and help maintain the incident response plan
- Join forces with R&D teams to find new and creative ways to reduce the security risks and vulnerabilities at scaleIdentify security threats in applications, platforms, infrastructure and provide remediation guidance to owners
- Craft scalable solutions for multiplex product security problems
- Build repeatable/reusable security processes and frameworks
- Promote secure by design and secure by default development strategies
- Assist with prioritization of prospective projects, participating in projects from kick-off through “definition of done” via end-to-end ownership
- To own and drive the resolution of different security events, policy questions, and technical security risks
Who you are:
- 8+ years of security engineering experience with expertise in multiple security domains such as Security Architecture, Security Detection and Incident Response, Cryptography, Network Security, Cloud Security, Web Security, AI/ML Security
- You think about customers first while solving complex security problems
- Problem-solver with excellent interpersonal skills, and a deep technical understanding of security engineering
- Threat modeling, Threat Detection and Response, Security Review in different software stacks
- Experience in Observability and setting
- Experience in Secure Development Lifecycle and Secure by default methodology
- Scripting/development skills (e.g., Python, C, C++, Node, or PowerShell)
- Experience applying security engineering practices that align with security, compliance, and privacy requirements
About the Team:
Observe.AI’s Information Security Team is growing fast. We are looking to hire founding members of the security team who can help with the strategic direction and engineering mindset when solving and scaling security capabilities.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Excellent medical insurance options and free online doctor consultations
Yearly privilege and sick leaves as per Karnataka S&E Act
Generous holidays (National and Festive) recognition and parental leave policies
Learning & Development fund to support your continuous learning journey and professional development
Fun events to build culture across the organization
Flexible benefit plans for tax exemptions (i.e. Meal card, PF, etc.)
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.