Software Development Engineer in Test I
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Observe.AI is the fastest way to boost contact center performance with live conversation intelligence. Built on the most accurate AI engine in the industry, Observe.AI uncovers insights from 100% of customer interactions and maximizes frontline team performance through coaching and end-to-end workflow automation. With Observe.AI, companies can act faster with real-time insights and guidance to improve performance, from more sales to higher retention.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners, including Pearson, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, Southeast Trans, and Public Storage. Our recent $125 million Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Zoom Video Communications, Inc., brings our total funding to date to $213M, with investments from Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Emergent Ventures, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
Join our dynamic SDET team and contribute to developing innovative test automation frameworks and scripts! Elevate development team productivity by creating cutting-edge tools and refining testing strategies. Enjoy a learning-oriented culture, professional growth, competitive benefits, and a collaborative environment. If you're passionate about software quality and eager to learn, apply now!
What you’ll do day to day as a Software Development Engineer in Test I
- Work closely with developers to test and automate the testing of the product
- Create Test plans and suites, and implement test scripts to increase test coverage on the product
- Work with customer success and product teams to replicate post-production release issues, and locate the root cause
- Work with other members of the SDET team to improve the code via code reviews and implement different kinds of test automation
- Own the sign-off on certain features, while working with a larger team to ensure the overall features are released on time, without bugs
- Estimate time for various tasks and execute within the timeline
- Be the voice of the customer on the team, championing decisions that will help the customer experience
What you’ll bring to the role
- Graduate/Post Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject 2+ years of Product testing and Automation experience
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (preferably Java)
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms and coding best practices
- Strong expertise in automation and manual testing of APIs, UI, and database
- Must have prior experience in creating optimal test strategy (Including Functional, Non-functional, Analytics, and automation) and test plans for short-term and long-term projects both
- Excellent communication skills, able to work well with multiple stakeholders
- Have experience working on spring boot
- Worked in B2B Saas company
Some of the other coolest things you deliver
- Develop, update, and manage automation scripts for various test scenarios to enhance testing efficiency and coverage
- Continually refine and adapt testing strategies to meet evolving product features, addressing and resolving defects and issues promptly
- Work closely with the software development team to understand feature updates and modifications, ensuring the accurate reflection and execution of corresponding test script
- Conceive and develop innovative tools and solutions to elevate the productivity and effectiveness of the development team, streamlining workflows and processes
About the SDET Team
Our SDET team is at the forefront of ensuring the reliability and stability of our cutting-edge software products. We are passionate about delivering a flawless user experience through meticulous testing and innovation. Our dynamic team is involved in creating state-of-the-art test automation frameworks, developing automation scripts, and pioneering tools that boost productivity across the development team.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Excellent medical insurance options and free online doctor consultations
Yearly privilege and sick leaves as per Karnataka S&E Act
Generous holidays (National and Festive) recognition and parental leave policies
Learning & Development fund to support your continuous learning journey and professional development
Fun events to build culture across the organization
Flexible benefit plans for tax exemptions (i.e. Meal card, PF, etc.)
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.