Software Development Engineer I (Backend)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, June 9, 2023
Observe.AI is the fastest way to boost contact center performance with live conversation intelligence. Built on the most accurate AI engine in the industry, Observe.AI uncovers insights from 100% of customer interactions and maximizes frontline team performance through coaching and end-to-end workflow automation. With Observe.AI, companies can act faster with real-time insights and guidance to improve performance, from more sales to higher retention.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners, including Pearson, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, Southeast Trans, and Public Storage. Our recent $125 million Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Zoom Video Communications, Inc., brings our total funding to date to $213M, with investments from Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Emergent Ventures, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
About the role
As Software Development Engineer 1 (SDE1), you will be building a scalable, secure, and multi-tenant cloud platform for near real-time as well as non-real-time processing/reporting/analyzing of data for interactions(calls/email/chat). You will use state-of-the-art cloud computing technologies. You will be dealing with huge volumes of data and creating systems that would be able to scale heavily with growing needs. You will be working with Product Managers, Architects, and Engineers.
What you’ll do day to day as a Software Development Engineer I
- Work with the product team to understand the new product & features and contribute to building those
- Contribute to the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging, reviewing, testing, etc...
- Collaborate with front-end developers and integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Own business logic and build reusable code and libraries
- Optimize the application for latency and scaleImplement security and data protection
What you’ll bring to the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with 1+ years of experience in working on large-scale products
- Expertise in Java and Spring or other relevant frameworks
- Strong knowledge of design patternsGood technical experience, curiosity to know the unknown, and an ambition to grow
- Experience with startup cultures in the past is preferable
- Demonstrated adaptability and ability to scale in the past
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge in at least one of the SQL or no-SQL databases such as Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, RedisExposure in the queue (Rabbitmq, Kafka, etc), cache(Ehcache, Memcache)
- Knowledge of container management tools (docker-swarm, Kubernetes) is a plus
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Excellent medical insurance options and free online doctor consultations
Yearly privilege and sick leaves as per Karnataka S&E Act
Generous holidays (National and Festive) recognition and parental leave policies
Learning & Development fund to support your continuous learning journey and professional development
Fun events to build culture across the organization
Flexible benefit plans for tax exemptions (i.e. Meal card, PF, etc.)
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.