Senior DevOps Engineer
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for you. A strong software engineer with an affinity for cloud infrastructure. An individual who is eager to learn about and solve a diverse set of infrastructure problems that are unique to a company that deals heavily with 3D data and machine learning. Someone who likes building internal tools and who thinks finding a simple solution to a hard problem is a high form of art. No matter how much you know now, you will always be learning more.
The Infrastructure team interacts with or owns everything past the application binary. The rest of engineering is our customer. Through automation, we strive to have the easiest path be the fastest and most secure path. We own, maintain, and advise on all cloud infrastructure such as our Kubernetes environment, databases, network, storage, and cache. All of engineering are our peers and we work with them to form consistent patterns for solutions to common architectural challenges around rich geospatial and machine learning workloads. We have a strong command over best practices for cloud architecture and CI/CD and use application development as a means to apply them.
You will contribute by:
- You will help us make boring solutions to interesting problems.
- You will work with the rest of engineering to make their lives easier, their changes faster and safer, their applications more stable and observable.
- You will collaborate with frontend, backend, computer vision, data, and machine learning engineers to bring their ideas to the world at scale.
One week this will be helping design cloud architecture, another week centralizing automation through our dev tooling, writing helm charts, optimizing docker files, provisioning terraform resources in GCP, or evaluating our security posture.
Your background includes:
- Strong software engineering practices: Preferably Go, Ruby, or Python
- Expertise with containerization (e.g. Docker) and Kubernetes
- Familiarity or a desire to learn Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, INCLUSIVE OR other tools like Chef
- A systems oriented mindset around observability, consistency, failure modes, and concrete implementations
- A desire to work collaboratively
- Comfort learning new technologies and practices
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $117,000-$165,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.