Senior Learning and Development Manager
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a Senior Learning & Development Manager who will own all learning, enablement, and development programs across the company to support high performing teams. In this role, you will identify organizational needs, drive strategy, and build employee development and manager effectiveness programs in alignment with HOVER’s culture. You will build upon our culture of learning and focus on building internal programs aimed at career progression, skill development, and manager effectiveness. You will drive adoption and enablement of all L&D programs and People-led training to ensure its overall success.
You will contribute by:
As the Senior Learning & Development Manager, you will:
- Design and implement an ongoing and engaging manager development program, including training and workshops that aligns with our management philosophy and promotes manager effectiveness.
- Develop and lead inclusive training programs for the company, including facilitator-led training, self-guided courses, cohort learning groups, and other blended learning experiences with emphasis on career development.
- Develop success metrics for programs and leverage data to drive decisions and improvements around development programs and learning activities.
- Partner closely with the People team and leaders to determine organizational learning objectives and develop a roadmap for learning strategy.
- Effectively manage all learning management systems to determine the best program for the needs of the team.
- Deliver effective and engaging learning activities with a lens of equity, belonging, and inclusion.
Your background includes:
- 6+ years of experience building and facilitating learning & development programs for managers, individual contributors, and leaders at scale, preferably in a tech startup environment
- Experience operating in a fast paced, growing environment, with the ability to pivot and iterate quickly if needed
- Experience designing a learning, development and enablement strategy that integrates company values, a high performance culture, and broader business goals
- Deep expertise of the learning and development space and familiarity with emerging trends
- Experience creating strong partnerships with senior leaders and stakeholders and garnering support to drive successful learning initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Experience interpreting data to create insights that inspire change at various levels of the organization
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $107,000-$157,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.