Manager, 3D Operations
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for someone who will drive high impact operational projects to support our ability to deliver the best product and experience to our customers. You will work cross-functionally with key partners from across the company - including product, engineering, sales, and customer operations - on strategic projects and take them from ideation through to implementation.
The Operations Team supports HOVER’s growth by consistently giving our customers a high-quality product while reducing inefficiencies and effort. We are also responsible for pushing the boundaries of our data and production capabilities to enable HOVER’s mission to digitize the world’s physical structures. We are a remote-first team, and we work closely with business partners both domestically and internationally.
You will contribute by:
You will manage, optimize, and adapt our production pipeline to ensure it can support our expanding product and customer base without sacrificing quality. You will be on the lookout for both small & large process improvements in our production pipeline, and over time uncover & implement new and innovative ways of delivering our product. You will lead a small team of technical specialist(s) to accomplish our goals, investing in your direct report’s success and growth.
Additionally, you will be exploring new product features to scale our business, and building innovative capabilities that don’t yet exist. To accomplish these tasks, you will develop strong working relationships with the product, engineering, & design organizations to ideate, develop, and scale these capabilities and technologies across the production process.
Overall, you will break down problems, identify the key issues to tackle, map dependencies, and use data and analysis to help in decision making. You will be biased towards action, and will drive analysis and manage strategic projects independently. Some international travel will be required.
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of professional experience in 3D modeling / visualization, graphic design, or industrial design. Context of home improvements preferred.
- 1+ years of experience leading a high performing team.
- Proficiency and creativity in SketchUp or similar tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – can succinctly communicate findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical senior leadership
- Experience driving cross-functional initiatives
- Strong analytical abilities and comfort with large datasets
- A sincere, collaborative, and empathetic personality characterized by a strong inclination to be part of a team of doers
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave - We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $111,000-$164.000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.