Senior Director, Revenue Analytics & Strategy
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a leader for our Revenue Analytics & Strategy team.
Sitting alongside our Product Analytics, Data & Analytics Engineering, and Data Science teams, you’ll be a core part of our centralized data org that partners cross functionally to enable HOVER to both make the right decisions and make them happen. These data teams set HOVER’s data strategy and evangelize a data driven culture across the entire company, advising cross-functional partners on data best practices, building Data Literacy, and establishing Standard Operating Procedures.
At its heart, the Revenue Analytics & Strategy team exists to add leverage to our Go To Market engine, optimizing and amplifying our business efforts in order to drive outsized results. The team interacts at all levels of seniority, from advising our executives on critical growth opportunities to enabling front-line reps with the data tools they need to talk to customers.
In no particular order, some of the things the team is directly responsible for include:
- Designing, building, and maintaining reporting/dashboarding for both required business operations and strategic initiatives
- Training and enabling non-technical employees to interpret key concepts in our data and leverage self-service BI Tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Partnering with Go To Market stakeholders for strategic deep-dive analyses
- Establishing goals, forecasting, and modeling for the Go To Market teams (e.g. Quotas, MBOs, Leading Indicators, etc.)
- Enabling customer-facing teams with data tools that empower customer-facing engagements (e.g. analysis for partnerships, major customer QBRs, etc.)
You will contribute by:
Today, your team consists of five people ranging from Sr. Analyst to Director level, and as their leader, you’ll be expected to:
- Act like an owner every single day; we’re building this company together and we’re not on auto-pilot
- Be an exceptional leader for your team and set a high performance bar; you lead by example and give direct, genuine feedback to help people improve
- Do a mix of People Manager and Individual Contributor work; you will be excited to work in a fast-moving growth stage environment where you operate at multiple altitudes and roll up your sleeves often (we all do a little IC work, at all levels)
- Be curious and collaborative with positive intentions
- Be the data liaison to our Go To Market teams
- Be able to ‘talk data’ to ‘non-data people’ in digestible ways that influence both strategy and change management
Our business is growing quickly and a large part of our success thus far has been using data to drive our most crucial decisions, and this is exactly where you come in. Comfortable in ambiguity and working with a mix of technical and non-technical partners, you will thrive at both the whiteboard for kicking off the discovery process and also at the keyboard for digging into the heavy work. An experienced story teller, you will be someone who non-data-literate coworkers go to in order to seek help breaking down challenging issues architecturally, which sometimes might mean a quick flowchart sketch in 15 minutes, and other times might mean leading a 3 month cross functional technical project.
You’ll be biased towards action, always excited to politely play devil’s advocate to get to a better result, and you’ll iterate until things are looking good (but you’ll also know when things are ‘good enough’ and it’s time to move your focus elsewhere).
You’ll be an expert in both how our Go To Market engine functions and the size, shape, and scope of our data. This intuitive understanding of both parts together will be your superpower.
Your background includes:
- 12+ years experience in Data Analytics, Revenue Operations, Business Intelligence, Strategy, or similar functions, with progressively increasing responsibility
- 5+ years of experience directly managing multiple people (including being a manager of managers)
- Deep expertise in (and a passion for) Go To Market data analysis, visualization, and storytelling
- Daily, hands on comfort building with a modern BI tool (e.g. Tableau) and career SQL experience
- Experience framing and presenting data-driven stories to senior audiences and cross-functional groups
- Experience operating in an 80/20 mindset and ruthlessly prioritizing your time when there are far too many exciting and impactful things available to work on
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $177,000-$260,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Something looks off?