Program Manager, Marketing
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
As a Program Manager for our Marketing team, you will be responsible for driving cross functional initiatives that support the marketing organization and strategic annual goals that help accelerate business. Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, this role will work closely with the entire marketing org (Product Marketing, Brand, Communications, Data & Analytics) and cross-functionally with Partnerships, Product and Sales teams to maximize HOVER’s growth engines.
You are a creative problem solver who takes responsibility and ownership to make processes and programs run smoothly, and have the ability to understand the team’s needs and dynamics as they evolve. This role requires project management experience, as well as a general sense of the marketing and product development process. With strong organization skills, communication practices, and the ability to manage sophisticated programs, you have a passion for program strategy, operations, and prioritization.
You will be joining the Growth Marketing team that conceives of, creates, and executes on the company’s largest growth initiatives. We are looking for someone who has a strong sense of ownership and is excited by the idea of acting both operationally (to tactically get-things-done) and strategically (to scale our business in the right ways as we kick off 2023).
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead complex, cross-functional programs across all phases of planning and execution for key marketing strategies and capability building
- Partner with key business stakeholders to define the strategy and objective, initiatives and key outcomes for key marketing capabilities
- Use exceptional cross-functional partnering skills with ability to gain shared vision and "influence without authority" on challenging decisions and priority trade-offs
- Own the in-year planning process for each respective marketing goal (from initiative breakdown and OKRs, to milestone setting)
- Create, optimize and drive structured schedules and project plans across cross-functional teams and partners. Set and meet deadlines with quality deliverables, effectively adapting and modifying plans based on changing conditions or data
- Define the initiative’s roles and responsibilities, and key business processes with cross functional team
- Develop measurements to define program progress and ultimate success; establish ongoing reporting requirements and KPIs for planning and recognizing adoption and success
- Coordinate go-to-market (GTM) teams and programs in conjunction with product and engineering teams
- Serve as the central point of contact to coordinate across marketing teams (e.g., growth marketing, product marketing, communications, brand creative)
- Identify the need for new internal processes, templates, and guidelines to improve org efficiency, and refine and optimize processes and documentation over time
- Balance changing priorities, while looking around corners to anticipate risks and proactively manage these risks before they become blockers
- Own the recurring updates and escalation paths to leadership
- Create and finalize status & commentary for leadership updates on initiatives progress, blockers, help needed
Your background includes:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with 5+ years leading cross-functional or complex projects and programs, preferably in a Marketing or Operations role
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of leadership and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Strong organization, time management and task prioritization skills. Must be an exceptional planner who is highly organized with attention to detail, self-directed, efficient and able to manage complex programs in a timely manner
- Experience in using formal project/program management tools, supported by project management standards
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to make decisions quickly & communicate effectively within a large and diverse organization is essential
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and direction, and drive process using indirect authority
- Excellent leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment and ability to both influence and develop strong partnerships at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional virtual teams to deliver on key program objectives and understand impact to various stakeholders
- High intellectual curiosity and a growth mindset
- Data and results driven -- you like to beat the odds and blow past goals
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave - We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $87,000 - $128,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Something looks off?