Who We Are
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You’ll Do Here
You are the key to home ownership. As an Escrow Officer, you’re the human link between our process and people. You’re there at the beginning, reviewing contracts and following instructions. You’re there in the middle, ensuring that all the associated paperwork is completed efficiently and accurately. You’re working with real estate agents and their clients to keep the process moving forward, verifying that titles are clean, taxes are paid, and loans are funded. Finally, you’re there at the end to assure that no funds or property will change hands until all terms have been carried to completion.
- A to Z: Ensure the contract is closed promptly, efficiently, and without error from beginning to end.
- Relationship building: Establishing and maintaining relationships with essential industry players –real estate agents, attorneys, lenders, surveyors, and government agencies – that enable you to manage transactions smoothly.
- Business builder: Earning the confidence and trust of new agents and creating opportunities to market our business; retaining agents by providing them with white-glove service.
- Talent builder: Training escrow assistants to provide opportunities for advancement; delegating, auditing work, answering questions and giving direction.
- Sealing the deal: Being present at closing and making it a positive, memorable experience for agents and buyers.
We are a 100% resale/purchase business (no-refis) and we do not expect you to do business development.
What You Bring
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent; take continuing education courses as required.
- Experience: Close to three years of escrow experience, both front- and back-end experience.
- Certification: Notary public and escrow officer licenses as per local regulatory requirements
- Industry awareness: Technical knowledge of the closing process.
- Communications skills: Effective writing and verbal communication skills to keep agents, buyers, and sellers informed about the process.
- Nice to have: Experience working on WA escrow files.
- Medical (Anthem or Kaiser), Dental & Vision (MetLife)
- Long-Term Disability & Short-Term Disability, Hospital Indemnity Insurance (Aflac)
- 401k (Guideline), Life Insurance (MetLife) & Pet Insurance (Nationwide)
- Commuter benefits are offered in certain locations
- PTO, including Volunteer Days to give back to your community
- Annual Anniversary Perks, including professional development and sabbaticals!
- HomeLight Services to help you with buying and selling your home
HomeLight is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request and any accommodation will be addressed confidentially.