Senior Full Stack Engineer
Who We Are
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You'll Do Here
- Be a team player, collaborate, and learn from those around you
- Design, implement, and maintain highly scalable and performant services
- Identify gaps in current codebases and solutions to continually improve coverage on them through refactoring, unit testing, system testing, automating deployment and operations
- Review code developed by other engineers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g. style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency)
- Maintain an understanding of the business requirements and work closely with stakeholders to understand what they need and why
- Work with teams across the organization including marketing, platform, devops, data, product and analytics to think beyond the technical implications of your design decisions
- Make smart engineering and product decisions based on data analysis and collaboration
What You Bring
- 5+ years of professional experience working as an engineer.
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience designing, building, deploying, operating, and maintaining service oriented architecture.
- Professional experience with ReactJs.
- Strong experience with relational and non-relational database technologies
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and complex project requirements
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Experience with observability and monitoring systems (NewRelic, Cloudwatch, Sentry)
Bonus points for
- Experience with ReactNative is a plus.
- Exposure with ElasticSearch
- Experience working with docker
- Experience working on a small team, ideally at a startup.
- Familiarity with the Amazon AWS ecosystem