San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
As a member of the Solutions Architects team at Anthropic, you will be drive the adoption of frontier AI by developing bespoke LLM solutions for top enterprises, You’ll leverage your consultative sales experience and technical skills to architect innovative solutions that address our customers' business needs, meet their technical requirements, and provide a high degree of reliability and safety.
In collaboration with the Sales, Product, and Engineering teams, you’ll help enterprise partners incorporate leading-edge AI systems into their robust end-to-end systems. You will employ your excellent communication skills to explain and demonstrate complex solutions persuasively to technical and non-technical audiences alike. You will play a critical role in identifying opportunities to innovate and differentiate our AI systems, while maintaining our best-in-class safety standards.
Anthropic is an AI safety and research company that’s working to build reliable, interpretable, and steerable AI systems. We want AI to be safe and beneficial for our customers and for society as a whole. Our interdisciplinary team has experience across ML, physics, policy, business and product.
- Act as the primary technical advisor for prospective customers evaluating Claude. Demonstrate how Claude can address the customer's use cases through proofs of concept. Provide technical guidance on integration, deployment, and adoption best practices.
- Partner closely with account executives to understand customer requirements. Configure Claude's capabilities to showcase how it meets the customer's needs. Develop customized pilots and prototypes, as well as evaluation suites to make the case for customer adoption
- Drive technical decision making by advising on optimal setup, architecture, and integration of Claude into the customer's existing infrastructure. Recommend solutions to technical roadblocks
- Support customer onboarding by working cross-functionally to ensure successful ramp and adoption. Serve as an ongoing technical advisor throughout implementation and beyond go-live
- Travel occasionally to customer sites for workshops, implementation support, and building relationships
- Establish a shared vision for creating solutions that enable beneficial and safe AI
- Lead the vision, strategy, and execution of innovative solutions that leverage our latest models’ capabilities
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Forward Deployed Engineer, Sales Engineer or Solutions Architect
- Designed novel and innovative solutions for technical platforms in a developing business area
- Strong technical aptitude to partner with engineers and proficiency in software engineering
- The ability to navigate and execute amidst ambiguity, and to flex into different domains based on the business problem at hand, finding simple, easy-to-understand solutions
- Excitement for engaging in cross-organizational collaboration, working through trade-offs, and balancing competing priorities
- A love of teaching, mentoring, and helping others succeed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to convey complicated topics in easily understandable terms to a diverse set of external and internal stakeholders. You enjoy engaging in cross-organizational collaboration, working through trade-offs, and balancing competing priorities
- Passion for thinking creatively about how to use technology in a way that is safe and beneficial, and ultimately furthers the goal of advancing safe AI systems
- The expected salary range for this position is $250k - $375k USD.
Hybrid policy & US visa sponsorship: Currently, we expect all staff to be in our office at least 25% of the time. We do sponsor visas! However, we aren't able to successfully sponsor visas for every role and every candidate; operations roles are especially difficult to support. But if we make you an offer, we will make every effort to get you into the United States, and we retain an immigration lawyer to help with this.
LinkedIn tracking: #LI-DNI
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed. Research shows that people who identify as being from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy, so we urge you not to exclude yourself prematurely and to submit an application if you're interested in this work. We think AI systems like the ones we're building have enormous social and ethical implications. We think this makes representation even more important, and we strive to include a range of diverse perspectives on our team.
Compensation and Benefits*
Anthropic’s compensation package consists of three elements: salary, equity, and benefits. We are committed to pay fairness and aim for these three elements collectively to be highly competitive with market rates.
Equity - On top of this position's salary (listed above), equity will be a major component of the total compensation. We aim to offer higher-than-average equity compensation for a company of our size, and communicate equity amounts at the time of offer issuance.
Benefits - Benefits we offer include:
- Optional equity donation matching at a 3:1 ratio, up to 50% of your equity grant.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents.
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching.
- 21 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Unlimited PTO – most staff take between 4-6 weeks each year, sometimes more!
- Stipends for education, home office improvements, commuting, and wellness.
- Fertility benefits via Carrot.
- Daily lunches and snacks in our office.
- Relocation support for those moving to the Bay Area.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Anthropic’s good faith estimate for this position, in San Francisco, CA, as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors, including where you place on our internal performance ladders, which is based on factors including past work experience, relevant education, and performance on our interviews or in a work trial.
How we're different
We believe that the highest-impact AI research will be big science. At Anthropic we work as a single cohesive team on just a few large-scale research efforts. And we value impact — advancing our long-term goals of steerable, trustworthy AI — rather than work on smaller and more specific puzzles. We view AI research as an empirical science, which has as much in common with physics and biology as with traditional efforts in computer science. We're an extremely collaborative group, and we host frequent research discussions to ensure that we are pursuing the highest-impact work at any given time. As such, we greatly value communication skills. We're trying to build a core of knowledge and intuition about the most robustly effective innovations in AI, and so thoroughly-documented null results are almost as valuable as positive discoveries. We do not have boundaries between engineering and research, and we expect all of our technical staff to contribute to both as needed.
The easiest way to understand our research directions is to read our recent research. This research continues many of the directions our team worked on prior to Anthropic, including: GPT-3, Circuit-Based Interpretability, Multimodal Neurons, Scaling Laws, AI & Compute, Concrete Problems in AI Safety, and Learning from Human Preferences.
Come work with us!
Anthropic is a public benefit corporation based in San Francisco. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, optional equity donation matching, generous vacation and parental leave, flexible working hours, and a lovely office space in which to collaborate with colleagues.