Associate Scientist, Peptide Chemistry (SF Bay Area)
Vilya is a computational biotechnology company creating a novel class of medicines to precisely target disease biology. We believe computational approaches are an integral, if not foundational, component of drug discovery and development. Our platform is built on ground-breaking research in advanced computational approaches and taps into uncharted chemical space to design new molecular structures not found in nature.
Our molecules open the door to a brand-new class of medicine with enhanced drug-like properties. We are harnessing the power of our platform to go after previously impossible targets in an array of indications. Vilya’s ultimate goal is to solve some of the most challenging unmet medical needs that exist today.
Our Vision: Harness a revolution in technology and biology to better human health
Our Mission: Build an independent, leading biotech company founded on intelligent drug design to cure the incurable
We are seeking an Associate Scientist, Peptide Chemistry to work on the solid-phase peptide synthesis (SPPS) and characterization of novel peptide macrocycles to discover next-generation therapeutics.
- Perform solution-phase (building block) and solid-phase (peptide) synthesis, purification and QC of peptide macrocycles using state-of-the-art synthesis techniques and equipment, including manual synthesis, peptide synthesizers, LC-MS, and HPLC purification
- Strong time management skills, knows how to be efficient in the laboratory, prioritize objectives, and record experiments in an electronic lab notebook in a timely manner
- Effective communication and collaboration with all members of the Vilya team
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and perceptive problem solving capabilities
- Contribute to the organization of the synthesis lab including upkeep of lab instrumentation, supplies, day-to-day operations and adherence to EH&S rules and regulations
- BS with 3-4 years of peptide synthesis experience or MS in Chemistry with 2+ years of peptide synthesis experience
- Proficient in all aspects of modern peptide synthesis, purification and analysis
- Capable of immediate independent laboratory work on solid-phase peptide chemistry
- Experience with lab instrument use, upkeep and maintenance including peptide synthesizers, LCMS, and preparatory HPLC systems
- Opportunity to work in a disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Stock Options
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Support to attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Access to onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits