Customer Success Manager
Vareto is reimagining both how companies evaluate the past and plan for the future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails. Executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts debug Excel files instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation reporting and planning platform that changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, Latin America, and Europe) and we’re backed by top investors and industry leaders including GV, Menlo Ventures, and over 100 angels.
Calling all FP&A Managers, GTM Finance Managers, or Revenue Operations (RevOps) Managers who want a more customer-facing role with direct impact on the growth of our company!
About This Role
Customer Growth at Vareto is a mix of customer success, finance, and product. We spend time acting as a strategic advisor to help finance teams get the most out of Vareto, driving a tight user feedback loop with the product, design, and engineering teams, and building repeatable onboarding processes. Our expertise and work in finance directly enable our users to connect the dots across different parts of their company, plan more effectively, and drive better business performance.
This role also has the unique advantage of being able to impact the growth of our company from multiple angles — by being connected to both our customers and our product development, you’ll be able to formulate a holistic vision for where our company is going and drive change to help ensure we’re headed in the right direction.
This is a remote position based in the US or Canada.
What you'll do:
- Manage customer onboarding onto the Vareto platform by understanding customer use cases, set up data integrations and metrics, and guide the customer through the product to drive engagement early in the relationship.
- Work closely with finance and executive teams to help them get the most out of Vareto and successfully transition their old reporting and planning processes into streamlined and automated experiences.
- Dive into the details of complex data sets, synthesize findings, and tailor them to the relevant audience. This involves collaborating with data engineering to ensure data quality is maintained for customers by creating a repeatable process for numeric accuracy checks.
- Monitor product feedback and usage, and identify ways to track and measure user value. Apply your own observed insights and learnings with the product team to help shape the roadmap and guide feature prioritization.
- Create repeatable, scalable frameworks and processes for different segments of customers. Examples include playbooks, template SaaS metrics, use case documentation, and efficient internal processes.
- Build the company you want to work at!
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience within Strategic Finance, FP&A, RevOps, or Consulting - bonus points if you have experience working at a B2B SaaS startup and familiar with associated metrics and other FP&A software tools.
- Experience with running financial or sales/ARR planning and forecasting cycles in partnership with cross-functional business stakeholders.
- Expert at Excel and/or Google Sheets with strong financial modeling fundamentals and data manipulation experience; you have a knack for robust simplicity.
- A results-oriented self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility, and can quickly learn and apply new skills.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and storytelling skills. Ability to lead meetings with an executive audience, and set timelines and expectations.
Nice to have:
- Experience implementing or working with financial systems including ERP and CRM tools.
- Experience building data reports and/or dashboards (in Excel or BI tools).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and 401K with 4% matching.
- We offer a variety of health insurance plans for you to choose from, covering employee premiums at 90%.
- We offer HSA & FSA plans (includes health and dependent care) to cover your out-of-pocket costs with pre-tax savings.
- Parental leave: 3-month paid leave for all parents within a year following the birth or adoption.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Flexible schedule that accommodates the different time zones of our international team: we believe flexibility leads to productivity, so you're welcome to choose your own schedule.
- Budgets for social connectivity.
- Semi-annual company retreats and team-socials to foster connection for our remote-first team.
- Learning & Development: we encourage and subsidize continual learning.
- Mentorship from our network of leaders.
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Vareto is a fully-remote, global company. #LI-Remote