Software Engineering Team Lead
A new space race has begun. True Anomaly seeks those with the talent and ambition to build innovative technology that solves the next generation of engineering, manufacturing, and operational challenges for space security and sustainability.
The peaceful use of space is essential for continued prosperity on Earth—from communications and finance to navigation and logistics. True Anomaly builds innovative technology at the intersection of spacecraft, software, and AI to enhance the capabilities of the U.S., its allies, and commercial partners. We safeguard global security by ensuring space access and sustainability for all.
- Be the offset. We create asymmetric advantages with creativity and ingenuity
- What would it take? We challenge assumptions to deliver ambitious results
- It’s the people. Our team is our competitive advantage and we are better together
Software is the central nervous system for True Anomaly’s engineering and product thesis. Software bridges the gap between military objectives, theoretical astrodynamics and the human and autonomous control of spacecraft and ground systems in time and space. True Anomaly is seeking a highly-qualified engineering team lead to lead one of our cross-functional software engineering teams.
Aerospace or space experience not required. Our engineers draw on their varied and expert backgrounds to make Mosaic the optimal system for satellite and constellation management and operation.
You’ll have ownership of challenging, greenfield problems and a chance to fundamentally impact the outcome of future conflict (and the future of the company), all while enjoying world-class benefits including platinum healthcare, flexible work hours/location, highly competitive compensation, and a generous stock options package.
- Lead of a cross-functional team of 4 to 6 engineers to bring new features of Mosaic to market
- Draw on your deep software experience to make informed decisions, both technical and human, to build Mosaic
- Bring your voice to the table in team collaborations on architecture, design, and code reviews
- Interact and collaborate with engineers and leads from various disciplines to create emergent results
- Work closely with product to design, prioritize and execute on new features in Mosaic
- 3+ years of leading cross-functional teams of 3-5 engineers
- Deep understanding of Elixir and OTP or C++ and concurrent systems
- Demonstrated leadership ability, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and aptitude for working across disciplines
- Experience collaborating across teams and organizations to achieve optimal software and hardware outcomes
- Great communication and project management skills
- Significant experience shipping software on-time and to spec
- A strong bias towards action and iterative design and development
- Experience Scaling a team and software in a rapidly growing company
- Comfortable with ambiguity and making the abstract concrete
- Base Salary: $180,000 - $200,000
- Equity + Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, HRA/HSA options, PTO and paid holidays, 401K, Parental Leave
- Work Location: Remote
This position will be open until it is successfully filled. To submit your application, please follow the directions below. #LI-Remote
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. True Anomaly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, maternity or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.