Account Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
Are you a true believer that Bioengineering is the future, and CRISPR is only the beginning? We are looking for someone who is inspired by our mission, would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture and be able to represent Synthego as our prospect’s and customer’s first point of contact.
We are looking for high-energy, driven professionals with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude, and natural sales instincts to join our Account Development organization. Ideal candidates should be eager to advance in our organization by demonstrating their ability to be tenacious self-starters every day.
As an Account Development Representative, you will be hunting for new business opportunities across all product categories within specific territories.
What You'll Do:
- The opportunity to generate new business opportunities to fuel our growth
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined territories
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world-class experience
- Partner with our experienced Sales Leadership to help fill sales pipeline and develop your skills
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Synthego products
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
- Conduct high-level conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Support senior sales teams and sales representatives on outbound strategies and lead generating efforts
- Do outreach to potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Attend seminars or vendor shows to help evangelize Synthego
- Establish communication and engagement with prospects to create new qualified leads and sales opportunities
- Collaborate with team by bringing innovative lead generation ideas to weekly meeting
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
- Bachelor's degree in one of the basic sciences from an accredited University, biology or cell/molecular biology degree
- You're intrigued by genome editing and CRISPR
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with a customer centric approach
- Commercial experience a plus
- Proven track record of being held to metrics and exceeding quotas
- Tech savvy, who've used a CRM and don't shy aware from using technology
- You would describe yourself as a self-starter who is driven to hit your goals, excited to Always be Selling
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing landscape
- Successful completion of coursework in sales techniques, marketing, and communication may be advantageous
Company Perks & Benefits:
- Generous equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Program
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.