Preclinical Sales Consultant
Sales & Business Development
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Are you a true believer that Bioengineering is the future of human therapeutics, and CRISPR is only the beginning? We are looking for a Preclinical Sales Consultant who is inspired by our mission, would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture, and be able to represent the company culture in international markets.
The Preclinical Sales Consultant is responsible and accountable for the execution of the critical business function of identifying, developing, and growing the company’s target Cell and Gene Therapy client base. This is a hands-on, individual contributor role requiring active outbound sales efforts and cross-functional teamwork. This role has a significant impact within the company and is a great opportunity to develop your sales career in the Cell and Gene Therapy space.
This position is remote within the US, with a strong preference for candidates based in the Boston/Cambridge and San Francisco areas.
What You'll Do
- Serve as primary point of contact for existing and new accounts ordering Synthego’s HALO Discovery products
- Build foundational relationships with key clients at early phases of therapeutic development
- Work closely with Clinical Sales Consultants to prioritize target accounts in Synthego’s serviceable market for penetration and business expansion
- Daily prospecting to build funnel for preclinical and clinical business
- Develop outbound messaging to existing and potential customers in preclinical stage of therapeutic development
- Identify HALO Clinical upsell opportunities
- Own entire preclinical opportunity funnel from opportunity creation to receipt of PO
- Provide customer/market feedback to product management team to support expansion of product roadmap
- Travel time - up to 25%
- Bachelor's degree in one of the basic sciences from an accredited University (biology or cell/molecular biology degree preferred)
- 3+ years of sales experience and/or opportunity development
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding professional verbal and written communication skills
- Driven to be successful in a commercial and sales-oriented career
- Knowledge of Synthego products/platforms and basic knowledge of gene editing/CRISPR
- Strong organizational skills in Salesforce CRM and data management in Excel / Google Sheets / Tableau
- Attention to detail and process-oriented
- Ability and desire to solve customer problems and clearly communicate solution
Company Perks & Benefits
- Generous equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Program
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.