Factory Service Engineer, Generalist
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Join our operations team in the role of Factory Service Engineer-Generalist, contributing to the complete automation of genome engineering. You will be a key member of the Service Engineering team responsible for ensuring our 24/7 laboratories function at top performance. This includes developing equipment documentation and SOPs, as well as helping to establish a service event and spare parts tracking system.
As a Factory Service Engineer, Generalist, you’ll be frontline support for all production needs. Operating within a fast-paced and dynamic interdisciplinary laboratory environment, supporting stakeholders involved in adapting quickly to change and new technical challenges. Your contribution will ensure the seamless operation of our automated instruments.
Shift: Someone available for Swing shift is preferred (2:30pm-11:00pm PST)
What You'll Do
- Manage and address requests for assistance, resolving, prioritizing, or escalating as necessary
- Identify and rectify current production challenges to prevent future disruptions
- Conduct thorough root cause analysis across various equipment types, leveraging your deep understanding of Synthego equipment
- Provide the highest quality of service and support to our regulated clinical laboratory
- Develop, maintain, and review various SOP documentation for training and support
- Continuously optimize processes to increase both quality and efficiency
- B.S. in biology, chemistry, or related engineering discipline desired
- 1+ years of experience in maintaining & servicing equipment
- An eagerness to understand troubleshoot and repair complex equipment
- Mechanical insight into machinery functioning
- Proficiency in diagnosing complex systems
- Strong drive to thrive in a collaborative startup environment
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience in the Biotech sector
- 1+ years of industry experience working with industrial and instrument controls
- Familiarity of the regulations of a GMP lab is a plus
- Software troubleshooting experience is beneficial
- Familiarity with Python programming, Structured Text, Ladder Logic
- Experience with liquid handling instruments (Hamiltons, Tecans, etc)
- Expertise with electronics, especially debugging serial communications (I2C, SPI)
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.