Operations Manager, CRISPRevolution
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Synthego is enabling genome engineering at scale with a blend of scientific instrumentation, industrial automation, and data science. Our team of scientists and engineers are putting multidisciplinary fields together to solve problems that no one field can tackle alone.
We are searching for an innovative leader to manage our production laboratory operations. With a focus on quality and scale, this role will be responsible for establishing world-class operating protocols. The ideal candidate is well-versed in high-throughput operations, lean manufacturing, visual management, and GXP. This position requires the tact to mentor and develop others, as well as the sense of urgency and ability to get hands-on as needed.
What You'll Do
- Manage, mentor and develop a growing team of laboratory associates on a 24/7 operation responsible for the production of CRISPR products and services
- Leads and is accountable for the manufacture of sgRNA product lines in a high throughput setting
- Design, implement, and maintain standardized laboratory management and maintenance protocols leveraging lean manufacturing methodologies
- Collaborate with chemistry development, operations engineering, and MS&T teams to design and implement innovative solutions to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Coordinate with process engineering and quality to ensure the seamless transfer of new products and processes into production operations
- Uphold strict production and quality control processes to ensure incoming, in-process, and finished goods materials meet all published specifications
- Participate in the site audit program, ensuring compliance to all published procedures
- Author, review and maintain production work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Ensure lab standards are upheld, labware and equipment are properly maintained, and hazardous materials are disposed of in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Education: BS/MS in a biology/chemistry-related field
- 3+ years experience managing a production laboratory operation
- Experience in leading and mentoring manufacturing operations staff in a 24/7 setting
- Experience in oligonucleotide synthesis and purification preferred
- Experience with production use of automated liquid handling instrumentation
- Strong understanding of laboratory best practices, continuous improvement methodologies, and lean manufacturing principles, including 5S, Gemba, and Kaizen.
- Experience with formal quality management systems required, ISO 9001, ISO13485, and cGMP preferred.
- Analytical abilities to investigate and problem solve complex problems arising from manufacturing activities.
- Experience in planning and scheduling; generate weekly schedules for the production team and plan for shipments.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a proven track record of success.
- Innovative, motivated, and independent leader possessing a player/coach mentality.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Company Perks & Benefits
- Generous equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Program
- Subsidized catered lunches and dinners with fully stocked kitchen & snacks
- Onsite Gym
- Daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.
See more open positions at Synthego
Something looks off?