Senior Platform Engineer
Fredericton, NB, Canada · Sterling, VA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2023
Sonrai (pronounced Son-ree), which means “data” in Irish, helps enterprises unearth, prioritize, and remove risks in every part of their cloud. Our mission is to deliver the preeminent platform for enterprise companies to understand, monitor, and govern risk across every part of their public cloud. We are backed by seasoned cybersecurity investors including Menlo Ventures, Polaris Partners, TenEleven Ventures, and ISTARI.
Candidates who join our team will have a tremendous impact on our success & mission to be the industry leader in our space. We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about solving the complex cloud security challenges posed by rapid cloud adoption with a motivated, close-knit team.
Sonrai is hiring a senior platform engineer that possesses a combination of technical expertise and practical experience. They'll have relevant work experience in software development, systems engineering, or a similar field. Familiarity with cloud platforms and operating systems is an advantage. To excel in this role, candidates should demonstrate strong technical skills, including proficiency in programming languages and knowledge of data structures and algorithms. In addition, they should be able to work well as part of a team and possess excellent problem-solving abilities.
Our Senior Platform Engineers are responsible for staying up-to-date with new technologies and industry trends, and for continuously improving the platform to meet the changing needs of the company. If you're passionate about software development and interested in working with a talented engineering team, it may be the perfect role for you.
The role will report directly to the Director of Engineering.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle from design to development, testing, and deployment.
- Design and implement scalable and reliable systems to support software development
- Collaborate with software engineers, data scientists, and DevOps teams to design and implement technical designs and solutions
- Provide operational support for the platform, ensuring it is scalable, reliable, and meets the needs of the company
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies and industry trends, and continuously improve the platform to meet the changing needs of the company
- Coaching our more junior engineers through new technology or problem solving situations.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant work experience in software development, systems engineering, or a related field
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, or C++
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong (Hands On) AWS cloud experience
- The desire to work for a truly great company doing amazing things
- On-call may be required
Sonrai Security and Sonrai Security (Canada) are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.