Senior DevOps Engineer
None of that happens without the right people.
Joining our team will require commitment to evolve our stack and support colleagues. This role is suited for an experienced engineer who is passionate about delivering best in class services to our customers while collaborating with peers as we grow our platform. You should be comfortable leading design discussions and code reviews, be confident to challenge and be challenged, and have an eye for continuous improvement across performance and stability.
Our system infrastructure is 100% cloud based. We practice infrastructure-as-code. Each development team is responsible for managing their services in the cloud.
- GCP, AWS
- Kubernetes, Docker, gRPC, Linux
- Serverless Environment
- MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB
- Teamcity, GitHub Actions
- Terraform, Cloudformation, Packer, Pulumi
- ELK, Loggly, Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty
- Create and manage cloud compute infrastructure, pipelines, and supporting toolsets.
- Develop CI/CD pipelines for application build, container deployment, and infrastructure updates.
- Advocate best practices across the organization, specifically in infrastructure-as-code.
- Continuously assess DevOps practices and develop improvements.
- Contribute as subject matter expert in container technologies, networking, and build tooling.
- Coordinate and lead code reviews with peers.
- Guide junior and mid-level engineers through paring sessions and code/incident reviews.
- Be a part of the standard developer on call rotation.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience supporting a high traffic, 24/7 SaaS product.
- Experience designing and implementing build and CI/CD systems and workflows.
- Expert level knowledge of managing AWS and/or GCP infrastructure with IaC.
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python, Typescript, or any other high level programming languages.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills across the stack to identify and resolve production issues in a timely manner.
- Strong understanding of container and orchestration technology.
- Knowledge of Linux administration, performance monitoring and debugging tools.
- Good background in implementing and adhering to security controls.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 4-day workweek
- Stock Options
- Annual Performance Bonus or Commissions
- Pension matched up to 8%
- ‘Day one’ access to great health, dental and optical insurance scheme
- 20 days of annual leave plus public holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (12 weeks full-pay for mums & dads, plus 12 weeks half-pay for mums)
- Regular paid social events organized by our social committee
- Mental wellbeing resources
- Dedicated learning budget through Learnerbly
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We also want to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.