Pricing Analyst - Merchant Pricing
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Pricing Analyst - Merchant Pricing
Location: Remote in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KS, KY, IA, ID, IL, IN, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI
The Pricing Analyst – Merchant Pricing will help ShipBob increase new customer revenue, conducting competitive analysis to ensure ShipBob’s prices reflect both market dynamics and the value of our range of products. This role will partner closely with our sales team to join calls and understand the unique needs of prospective customers. This person will also work closely with our account management team to ensure all existing merchants continually have market competitive pricing across each geographic region we operate in. Finally, this role will ensure our pricing and billing systems operate as intended, investigating and debugging any potential anomalies.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with account managers to understand the needs of existing merchants who are expressing challenges around current or proposed pricing to find creative solutions to help lower costs for merchants.
- Own existing billing processes to ensure accuracy and timliness. Help automate and improve these processes to remove the potential for errors.
- Conduct competitive analysis on market pricing structure, competitive market dynamics, and make recommendations on how to enhance ShipBob’s standard pricing.
- Create and update PowerBI dashboards to help track margins and identify opportunities for margin expansion.
- Perform/handle ad hoc research and data requests.
- Other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL. You will be pulling data from our database to conduct your analysis.
- Bachelor's degree. Knowledge of coding and Computer Science is a plus.
- Ability to write SQL code and perform data analysis in SQL or Excel. Knowledge of Python is a plus, but this can be taught in the role.
- A firm desire to learn and ask questions. There will be more room to grow and take on responsibility in this role than almost any other role at this stage in your career.
- Experience with ecommerce companies, either working at the company or at a 3PL is a plus.
- 0-2 years of professional experience using SQL and Excel. Power Bi is a plus.
- Experience working in an ambiguous work environment with tight deadlines.
- A desire to make an impact and take ownership.
- Ability to think critically and ask questions.
- A passion for results and love getting into the details, thriving in a dynamic startup environment and can navigate the ambiguities that come with it.
- Expert communicator with the ability to have complex conversations orally and in writing with key stakeholders, ranging from fulfillment partner owners to operations associates.
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Merchant Pricing
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $70,005 - $116,675.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with thousands of e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver a best in class experience to their customers.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago backed by blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.