Senior Income Tax Accountant
Accounting & Finance
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, San Antonio, Spokane, and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Senior Income Tax Accountant to join the growing tax team at Rover. This position will report to the Tax Manager. Your primary responsibilities will include preparation of the Company’s worldwide quarterly tax provision and annual income tax compliance workpapers. You are detail-oriented and results-focused, and have excellent organization and communication skills. You enjoy collaborating with others to support team projects and goals, as well as company-wide initiatives, but can also work independently. This position is based in our Seattle office, where we have hybrid in-office/working from home arrangements.
- Prepare quarterly worldwide income tax provision
- Engage with external service providers to aid in the preparation of our US Federal, state, and international income tax returns
- Prepare calculations supporting US Federal, state, and international income / franchise tax filings
- Prepare calculations supporting annual transfer pricing analysis
- Coordinate with accounting and external service providers tax to manage fixed asset tax depreciation calculations and reporting for income tax and personal property filings
- Prepare annual personal property tax returns
- Support month end close process for relevant tax accruals and reserves
- Engage in identifying and maintaining process improvements and technology supporting the income tax function
- Perform tax technical research and effectively communicate results and potential action items
- Assist with income tax examinations by gathering data, drafting responses to information requests, and in limited situations involvement and communication with taxing authorities
- Engage with and develop relationships with both internal and external tax resources
- Assist in executing and maintaining SOX control processes and documentation for income tax
- Other tax projects, as needed
- Experienced professional with 5+ years of relevant income tax experience, including a minimum of 2 years experience in comprehensive tax provision preparation
- Strong technical knowledge of corporate federal and state income tax
- In-depth understanding of accounting for income taxes under ASC 740, preferably in a public company environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or advanced tax degree
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel, required
- Knowledge of tax software and accounting systems (NetSuite, CorpTax a plus)
- Technical research skills, including the ability to evaluate and communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to set priorities and work independently on multiple projects
Your Bonus Skills:
- Licensed CPA
- Experience with international income tax compliance
- Experience with tax provision software implementation
- Experience in the technology industry
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities performed in-person and virtually
- In the greater Seattle area the first year salary range is $118,476-$130,000. Additionally, Rover offers benefits to full-time employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate's experience, qualifications, skills and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.