Research Associate, Compound Management
Your work will change lives. Including your own.
The Impact You’ll Make
Recursion Pharmaceuticals is pioneering a new approach to drug discovery through the integration of automated cell biology, high-dimensional and diverse data sets, and sophisticated analytics. We are seeking a Research Associate for our Compound Management group to help us accelerate Recursion’s discovery programs and contribute to the progression of the clinical development portfolio.
Working in Compound Management, you’ll help provision drug candidates and disease pertabants including ordering, solubilizing, and distributing reagents throughout our R&D laboratories and organizing large library purchases, and running automated systems to generate assay plates. On any given day, you will draw upon your knowledge of Chemistry and work with computer-controlled automated laboratory instrumentation to prepare reagents for screening. You can expect to manage and work on multiple projects at the same time, in a collaborative environment. We are seeking an individual who has strong analytical and problem solving skills, and can work in a fast-paced environment both as a collaborative team member and an individual contributor. In this role you will:
- Manage inventory projection with careful attention to detail, consistency, and documentation while delivering reagent plates as the foundational data source for the discovery platform
- Collaborate with our biological, engineering and computational science teams to develop the most efficient path to success across existing processes and developing new ones where needed
- Grow your knowledge base and learn about new approaches and techniques in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, and Data Science
- Participate in the organization and maintenance of a growing Compound Management lab
This position is based at our headquarters in Salt Lake City working in our laboratories.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join our growing Compound Management team which consists of a small team of associates all working collaboratively to significantly increase the speed of our drug discovery platform and phenomics that will help us achieve our mission of decoding biology to radically improve lives.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or similar life science field OR some college with 3+ years experience in sample management within a lab
- A strong desire to learn with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency and experience in chemistry concepts and assays
- Experience working with automated computer-controlled laboratory instrumentation preferred
- Some familiarity/comfort with computational tools is desirable (we embrace the efficiency that comes with using computer-controlled automation)
- We're looking for technicians who know when they need to ask for help/insights from their teammates, but can also figure most things out for themselves when needed
- A passion for working in a fast-paced start-up culture where you’ll leverage creativity and independent thinking to find answers wherever you can
How You’ll be Supported
- Training on Recursion’s culture and values and our Drug Discovery & Development processes to provide insight to our unique approach and strategy for success
- Direct, regular engagement with peers and leaders within Compound Management and cross-functionally to enable your continued growth and learning
- Opportunity to learn and use automated robotic systems to accelerate the work and improve processes
- Ability to attend courses for certification of new skills/technologies
At Recursion, we believe that every employee should be compensated fairly. Based on the skill and level of experience required for this role, the estimated current annual base range for this role is:
- Developing: $80,000
- Skilled: $88,000
- Expert: $98,000
To learn more about our level within levels, click here.
You will also be eligible for bonuses and equity compensation + our comprehensive benefits package for United States based candidates. The range displayed on each job posting reflects target ranges for US new hire salaries and is determined by job, level, and market factors.
During the interview selection process, you will connect with a Talent Acquisition Partner who will be your advocate and ally to ensure you receive the appropriate compensation that meets your needs for your skills, experience, and relevant education/training, while also reviewing our very competitive total rewards package.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Recursion is a clinical stage TechBio company leading the space by decoding biology to industrialize drug discovery. Enabling its mission is the Recursion OS, a platform built across diverse technologies that continuously expands one of the world’s largest proprietary biological and chemical datasets. Recursion leverages sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to distill from its dataset a collection of trillions of searchable relationships across biology and chemistry unconstrained by human bias. By commanding massive experimental scale — up to millions of wet lab experiments weekly — and massive computational scale — owning and operating one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, Recursion is uniting technology, biology and chemistry to advance the future of medicine.
Recursion is headquartered in Salt Lake City, where it is a founding member of BioHive, the Utah life sciences industry collective. Recursion also has offices in Toronto, Montreal and the San Francisco Bay Area. Learn more at www.recursion.com, or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.