Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs CMC
Pliant Therapeutics is a public, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic disease. The Company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules.
The Company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. PLN-74809 has received Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and are currently in Phase 2a clinical trials for these indications. The company recently reported positive data from its Phase 2a trial in IPF and is currently ramping up activities in preparation for a late-stage clinical trial at worldwide sites.
Pliant has also developed PLN-1474, a small molecule, selective inhibitor of αvß1 for the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH with liver fibrosis. Pliant is initiating a Phase 1 study for its third clinical program, PLN-101095, a small molecule, dual-selective inhibitor of αvß8 and αvß1 integrins, that is being developed for the treatment of solid tumors. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies.
The Company is seeking passionate, creative, and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Pliant is seeking a dedicated and creative regulatory CMC professional to contribute to the Company’s mission of helping patients with life-threatening fibrotic diseases. The position will report to the Head of Regulatory Affairs and will be responsible for developing the regulatory CMC strategy for Pliant’s development programs. This includes strategic and operational leadership of global regulatory CMC activities for molecules in the pre-clinical to clinical stage. This position may also support clinical/nonclinical regulatory activities as needed.
- Develop CMC regulatory strategies in collaboration with regulatory and CMC SMEs to meet business objectives for all Pliant’s development projects
- Lead the authoring and timely submission of regulatory dossiers as required to support global clinical trial applications, including initial INDs/IND amendments, IMPDs, annual reports, requests for information, etc.
- Support interactions with global regulatory authorities to ensure acceptance of CMC information in support of regulatory submissions and applications, including leading the authoring of CMC content in briefing documents.
- Ensure that CMC content in regulatory applications is complete, well-written, and meets all relevant requirements
- Evaluate proposed manufacturing changes for global impact to ongoing and existing applications and provides strategic regulatory guidance for optimal implementation of changes
- Participate on project teams and provide expertise on CMC regulatory matters.
- Attend CMC meetings and monitor process/analytical updates/improvement and strategically plan the updates to address the potential impact on regulatory filings
- Knowledge of current and emerging CMC regulatory requirements, guidelines, and best practices, and interpret and communicate relevant issues to CMC and RA colleagues
- Ensure clinical trial product labeling is in compliance with regulatory requirements in all regions
- Assure compliance with regulatory standards and guidance documents
- Conduct regulatory risk assessments on issues that arise in development teams
- May lead or support the generation or revision of SOPs related to regulatory affairs.
- Work with external regulatory consultants/CRO’s as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, abilities and prior experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline required, advanced degree preferred
- 4-5 years of regulatory affairs CMC experience in clinical phase submissions and health authority interactions, marketing authorization application experience preferred
- Small molecule development or manufacturing experience required; biological experience preferred
- Experience and knowledge in preparation of initial INDs/IMPD and amendments
- Experience in health authority interactions and addressing health authority questions
- Working knowledge of FDA, EMA and ICH regulatory guidance and regulations
- Small company / pre-commercial stage company experience desirable
- Strong collaboration and cross-functional team participation skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while delivering on respective timelines for each
- Confidence in interacting with varying levels of internal management and external regulatory authorities
- Preference for applying a solutions-oriented mindset and approach to resolving complex regulatory issues
- High self-awareness and commitment to iterative learning and development
- Effective communicator, verbal and written, strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
Pliant requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
The annual base salary for this role is $165,000 - $175,000. Individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including, and without limitation job-related skills, experience, work location and relevant education or training. Pliant’s compensation package also includes benefits, equity, and annual target bonus for fulltime positions.
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.
Something looks off?