Customer Marketing Manager
If you’re excited about:
- Bringing deeply technical products to market through partnerships
- Collaborating with cloud companies on behalf of a rocketship startup
- Shaping the course of a fast-growing company and product category
- Working with people who value clarity, creativity, passion, initiative, and thoughtfulness
Then this is your opportunity to join a category-defining, fast-growing (in a healthy way), and well-funded startup to shape the course of an entire industry.
Pinecone is pioneering search and database technology that's revolutionizing how developers build search systems. Our managed vector database provides customers with easy-to-use capabilities that until now have only been in the hands of a few tech giants. The demand for vector databases is growing incredibly fast, and it shows in our user base. We have a large audience of ML engineers, software engineers, data scientists, and software architects who are eager to learn and build with our product.
About the role:
Pinecone seeks an action-oriented experienced customer marketer to help build and grow the customer advocacy program. Customer connections are integral to this role, so as a great fit, you consider relationship building a core strength and have experience working with a technical audience. The ideal person for this role is focused on keeping the customer in mind. You will closely partner with many teams across Pinecone—including sales, community, PMMs, growth, and developer advocate—to push initiatives that showcase the customer experience and value for our customers.
As a Customer Marketing Manager, you will:
- Create the customer marketing program from scratch.
- Logo rights, case studies, G2 Crowd etc … Build programs that can deliver results now but can scale over time.
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing team to create compelling assets that highlight customers’ stories in any format (written, videos, etc)
- Partner with Developer Advocate and Relations for targeted opportunities with exec customers
- Identify engineering executive champions/spokespeople and feature them in our thought leadership
- Aid customer participation in events + community
- Support user groups (virtual or in-person)
- Assist with online community for VP + audience
- Build customer advocacy lifecycle processes
- Work with PMM and Marketing Ops to understand, segment and target customer personas
- Create customer surveys and feedback channels to build social proof and improve the product feedback loop
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- 4+ years in customer marketing experience (SaaS marketing experience a plus)
- Passionate about “doing right by the customer”
- Baseline understanding of the database or developer ecosystem
- Ability to partner with and communicate effectively to sales, product, growth, and product marketing stakeholders
- A collaborative, creative, open-minded attitude
- An affinity for thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives to stay on strategy, on time and on budget