Mid-Market Sales Manager
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Observe.AI is the fastest way to boost contact center performance with live conversation intelligence. Built on the most accurate AI engine in the industry, Observe.AI uncovers insights from 100% of customer interactions and maximizes frontline team performance through coaching and end-to-end workflow automation. With Observe.AI, companies can act faster with real-time insights and guidance to improve performance, from more sales to higher retention.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners, including Pearson, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, Southeast Trans, and Public Storage. Our recent $125 million Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Zoom Video Communications, Inc., brings our total funding to date to $213M, with investments from Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Emergent Ventures, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
We are seeking a leader to build and scale our Mid-Market segment here at Observe AI. In this role, you will be responsible for our growth as we build upon the success we’ve had delivering for our top tier clients. We will trust you to evangelize Observe.ai, run your business like a CEO, and consistently exceed annual targets.
What you’ll do day to day as a Mid-Market Sales Manager
- Lead, coach, train, and motivate direct reports through pipeline reviews, managing daily and weekly activities, forecasts and closed deals to ensure individual and team quotas
- Work in a fast-paced environment, pivot as needed and adapt quickly to change, as well as be an influencing factor to the team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as marketing and product, to align sales strategies with market trends and customer needs
- Strategic problem solving, project management, proactively addressing problems and surfacing scalable solutions
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to penetrate and grow the mid-market segment, aligning with overall company goals
- Lead and guide the sales team in prospecting, qualifying leads, and closing deals to meet and exceed revenue targets
- Manage sales processes, workflows, and tools to ensure efficient lead management, pipeline tracking, and accurate sales forecasting
- Generate regular reports on sales metrics, performance, and KPIs, providing insights to drive informed business decisions
- Foster a culture of teamwork and collaboration within the sales team and across departments
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment on sales strategies, goals, and priorities
What you’ll bring to the role
- 5+ years of direct sales management experience
- Team-player mentality, hard-working, and the ability to be authoritative when necessary
- Strong oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing strong internal and external business relationships across departments
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding goals as an individual contributor
- Demonstrate initiative in helping others achieve their goals
- Knowledge of the full Sales cycle, with demonstrated ability to prospect, qualify, and close deals
- Track record of being an excellent coach, as well as successfully mentoring and/or leading others effectively
- Previous experience with NextGen Contact Center technology is ideal
- Problem solving and tackling ambiguous challenges with the AI Market
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Competitive compensation including equity
Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance options
Flexible time off
Generous holidays and parental leave policies
Learning & Development fund to support you in your continuing education journey and professional development
Fun events to drive towards our culture supporting a community of Connect, Collaborate, Celebrate
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.