Manager of Business Value
Redwood Shores, Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2023
Observe.AI is the fastest way to boost contact center performance with live conversation intelligence. Built on the most accurate AI engine in the industry, Observe.AI uncovers insights from 100% of customer interactions and maximizes frontline team performance through coaching and end-to-end workflow automation. With Observe.AI, companies can act faster with real-time insights and guidance to improve performance, from more sales to higher retention.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners, including Pearson, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, Southeast Trans, and Public Storage. Our recent $125 million Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Zoom Video Communications, Inc., brings our total funding to date to $213M, with investments from Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Emergent Ventures, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
Be part of the Contact Center Industry Disruption with Observe.AI
The Business Value Consultant will be a subject matter expert focusing on partnering with clients and stakeholders to drive quantifiable ROI. In this highly visible role, you will be a key leader in helping drive the business value of Observe.AI's products to our largest and most strategic customers, by engaging senior executives on their most top-of-mind challenges and opportunities. You will work directly with prospective and existing customers before, during, and after sales to showcase and articulate the value of Observe.AI. This is an essential role in the development of quantitative and qualitative analyses to capture and communicate Observe.AI’s ROI. This position will report to the Head of Customer Success Management.
About the Team
This is a great time to join a highly influential team that is having a significant impact on how we do business at Observe.AI. This will have a direct impact on helping the company improve win rates, increase deal size, and increase overall client success and retention.
What you’ll do day to day as a Business Value Consultant
- Engage with clients and prospects to establish various use cases and quantify the value behind them
- Partner with sales teams during the pre-sales phase and CSMs during the post-sale phase to showcase the value of Observe.AI, aligned with their business goals
- Create analytic models and custom executive presentations to further develop and improve value-oriented client facing content and materials that will be leveraged to showcase benefits of Observe.AI
- Collect and analyze Observe.AI and external industry data sources to build compelling benchmarks and utilization trends to drive compelling reasons to change, fuel business cases and roadmaps to value for existing clients
- Provide guidance around value-based selling approaches and business case models across all areas of business, to field sales, solution consultants, CSM’s, and other stakeholders
- Utilize your problem solving and project management skills to lead client-facing value consulting engagements to build & present compelling business cases, ROI analyses, value assessments, and roadmaps to value to help drive the desired outcomes
- Manage, track, and report all activities in a timely fashion, so that the business impact can be clearly identified and reported
What you’ll bring to the role
- Bachelor's degree or MBA
- 3+ years of leading a cross-functional team and proven effectively develop relationships with internal partners and stakeholders to execute effectively
- 5+ years of experience in business value consulting, value engineering, management consulting, corporate finance, enterprise software sales, technical pre-sales, or a relevant role with extensive business / ROI case development experience for a fast-growth technology company
- A proven ability to translate data and analytic use cases into financial models and ROI business cases for investments in software, technology, services, and business change
- Understanding of and experience in financial analysis and modeling of ROI and TCO concepts to justify business cases. Deep knowledge of & ability to demonstrate practical use of IRR, NPV & Payback
- Experience building scalable customer-centric frameworks, assets, and collateral
- A strong consulting skillset, including excellent discovery, interview, facilitation, analysis, quantitative modeling, listening, and communication skills
- A proven ability to present to, communicate, and persuade at all levels from C-level to departmental manager level to uncover challenges, validate executive-ready communications and handle senior executive objections
- Experience building compelling stories with numerical, financial, and cross-industry operating model knowledge, deploying excellent business case and analytics skills
- Experience leading programs to create measurable business or social impactInterest in data, analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Logical, analytical, and curious personality, used to facilitate discussions with strategic customers
- Willingness to travel up to 30%.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Competitive compensation including equity
Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance options
Flexible time off
Generous holidays and parental leave policies
Learning & Development fund to support you in your continuing education journey and professional development
Fun events to drive towards our culture supporting a community of Connect, Collaborate, Celebrate
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.