Lead Application Security Engineer - Remote, UK
Join the team changing the face of cybersecurity
Join a progressive, open and productive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued.
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive culture.
Help prepare businesses to counter the latest threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical secure applications.
Immersive Labs is the leader in people-centric cyber resilience. We help organizations continuously assess, build, and prove their cyber workforce resilience for teams across the entire organization, from front-line cybersecurity and development teams to Board-level executives. We provide realistic simulations and hands-on cybersecurity labs to evaluate individual and team capabilities and decision-making against the latest threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017, from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 300 employees globally, announced funding of more than £140 million and been voted a Best place to work for the last 3 years running! We are trusted by the world’s largest organizations including KPMG, Sophos and the NHS to measure, map to risk, and optimize the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Lead Application Security Engineer
Due to unprecedented growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Application Security Engineer to join our fast growing Content Engineering team.
You will write deliberately vulnerable web applications for Immersive Labs and help us educate developers around the world on how to fix vulnerabilities in their code and create more secure applications.
In 2020 we launched Secure Coding - this exciting addition to our market-leading platform teaches developers how to write secure code. We are creating labs that take our users from the basics of writing a secure application avoiding the standard OWASP pitfalls through to building secure public cloud-hosted web apps.
In this role, you will be a key influence within our internal Application Security content team, helping to define and then lead on delivery of our Secure Coding roadmap of content and research that our community and customers will devour.
This is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for developing a truly ground breaking product. If you want to have a large impact and contribute more than just your time, this could be the role for you - we value determination, ingenuity, collaboration and an understanding that unique products require unique technical solutions.
You'll get to work in a friendly multi-disciplinary agile team and also work on innovative ideas one day a fortnight in our 10% time which allows you to pursue personal projects and research or collaborate with your peers to innovate and have fun doing it!
Your main responsibilities (we're scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
- Develop secure coding labs in multiple languages
- Understand the learning process for software developers to challenge and teach them through immersive labs
- Collaborate with the Go To Market team to maximise sales and marketing opportunities
- Be a visible figure at events to advocate the Immersive product
- Cooperate with the Product Team to ensure the platform supports the latest ideas and innovation
- Connect with the UX Lead to deliver an Immersive experience and continually improve the offering.
You should apply if you have (we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role):
- Deep and demonstrable understanding of developing secure software / pen testing / OWASP top 10
- Interest in writing theory and online learning content about programming, secure coding, IT/Computing and/or Cyber would be an advantage
- An understanding of the OWASP Top 10 Web application risks would be an advantage
- Comfortable presenting research both internally and externally to clients and at info sec conferences
- Familiarity with Linux and Docker
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Driven - We are innovators and market-creators, constantly moving forward to achieve results in support of our mission.
- Inclusive - We are passionate about creating an environment of inclusion and respect for our employees, customers and partners, everyone has opportunities to thrive.
- Customer Obsessed - We seek to develop deep relationships with our customers to help them achieve their business outcomes.
- One Team - We are a talented global team working together to achieve our vision.
If you would like to read more about what you can expect from our recruitment process, you can visit our dedicated interview process page.
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + 2 volunteering days and birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Level up cyber workforces around the world, click apply to find out more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?