Principal Product Manager, Consumer Growth
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a growth product manager to own and obsess over our end-to-end product experience. They’ll be responsible for maximizing acquisition, activation, retention, and delight across our 3 verticals – Homeowner, Construction, and Insurance – and especially lean into our D2C offering with Homeowners to unlock viral growth.
Your background likely includes some combination of product management and growth, along with other broad spectrum career experiences that leave you hungry for a role that gives you both the latitude to pave your own path and opportunity to drive an outsized impact within the company.
You’ll be joining the Growth Product team, the group that conceives of, creates, and executes on the company’s largest growth initiatives. We are a group of iterative testers and builders who use data to drive us towards the right strategies to maximize HOVER’s revenue and customer base. We are looking for someone who has a strong sense of ownership and is excited by the idea of acting both operationally (to tactically get-things-done each week) and strategically (to scale our business and product in the right ways).
You will contribute by:
Being the product leader and champion for product experience within the company. You’ll be responsible for developing the roadmap in tight collaboration with your engineering and design partners (e.g., writing your own PRDs, leading research efforts, and more), while also launching experiments and major efforts to maximize acquisition, activation, retention, and delight.
You’ll partner with the various product leaders and teams – especially our Homeowner team – to unlock growth within their segments through product experience changes and growth tactics. Additionally, you’ll work with HOVER’s business partners (e.g., Support, Sales, Marketing, etc.) to optimize our overall customer experience.
Finally, you are someone who enjoys combining strategy and execution -- owning all of it from beginning to end.
Your background includes:
- Relevant experience with 10+ years of traditional Product Management experience
- Deep experience with developing world class product experiences and driving Pirate metrics
- Entrepreneurial drive and the capacity to thrive in ambiguity and a fast changing environment.
- Customer obsession and a penchant to start with the customer and work backwards towards solutions
- Ability to inspire, motivate, support and lead across multiple cross-functional constituencies as you build internal and cross-functional relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively simplify and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Strong business, analytical, data, and troubleshooting skills. You creatively solve problems by identifying real obstacles and viable solutions.
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $159,000-$234,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.