Technical Onboarding Specialist
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
Today, Contractors go through highly manual efforts to both (A) Estimate the price of a project and give a quote to the Homeowner and (B) Order the materials needed to complete their project from a Materials Distributor. HOVER has invested in building a platform that handles all of this for the Contractor; from running the calculations to accurately pricing the project, to creating an engaging proposal for the Homeowner to consider, to gathering an e-signature on, and piping the materials order directly to leading distributors.
Our Technical Onboarding Team is currently focused on helping new Contractors onboard to our budding suite of Estimation and Ordering functionality, known as our Transform Membership offering. Our Specialists are customer facing, engaging our end users and helping them get set up on our innovative platform, and they also work cross functionally to partner with Product, Engineering, and Design to give feedback and suggestions for product improvements straight from the voice of the customer.
You will contribute by:
Our Technical Onboarding Specialists are highly collaborative and work very cross functionally, not only engaging our customers directly but also partnering internally with a variety of teams and departments.
Your primary responsibility will be owning the technical built-out required to implement the Estimation & Ordering platform. You will be an expert in our product and its capabilities, have empathy for our customers and the challenges they are facing which they hope to solve with our impactful solutions, and be a partner to them as they completely transform their business model to a modern setup using HOVER.
You will roughly split your time in the following ways:
- Working directly with customers: In partnership with our Customer Onboarding Team, you will spend ~20% of your time talking directly to customers both 1:1s and group calls, on Zoom and on the phone. Your core workflow will be to efficiently onboard customers to our platform in high touch, white glove engagements.
- Backend work and prep for customer calls and engagements: You will spend ~50% of your time working in a variety of tools and systems, including our own internal backend tools, in order to onboard customers effectively. For each customer you onboard, you will build out a customized workflow involving in-depth backend work and data entry.
Collaborating within the Onboarding team: Our team is highly collaborative and always working to iterate on our processes and strategies. Since you are on the front line of our customer engagements and will be our resident expert in the product, its capabilities, and its adoption, your voice will be critical in our internal brainstorming and solutioning, and you will spend ~20% of your time collaborating with your peers to improve our methods and efforts and drive accelerated growth.Collaborating with other teams at HOVER: Your insights and recommendations won’t only be valued within our team, but also by other teams across HOVER, and you will spend ~10% of your time collaborating with everyone from Product to Engineering to Sales.
Your background includes:
- 2+ years of experience in Production Management, Project Management, Customer Support, Sales, Onboarding, Implementation, or a related function in the Home Improvement industry.
- A proven ability to partner and communicate clearly with customers and external partners through complex processes and engagements
- Robust project management experience, including the ability to juggle multiple projects and maintain an 80/20 mindset to stay focused on the most important things
- Strong Excel skills (e.g. comfortable with Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPs)
- Experience working on technical implementations and comfortable spending many hours heads down in systems building customer solutions.
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
HOVER has Hubs in San Francisco, New York City, and Austin. These Hubs are where our teams will be growing the most as we foster in-person collaboration and connection.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $60,000-$89,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.