Lead Product Designer
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
As a lead product designer at HOVER your main job is to solve user problems. You will tackle tough interaction and service design challenges while working closely with PMs, engineers, and data scientist to iterate and create the best experiences for our users in a fast paced, and growing environment. You must be highly strategic, and detail oriented, brining a deep understanding of visual design, UX, and UI design. We look for T-shape designer who are experts in at least one area, but can handle a broad range of challenges like UX, visual, and service design.
Collaboration and critique is something that is at the core of what we do at HOVER. We believe that to create the best product experience it requires intense collaboration and for the team to challenge each other constantly, asking the hard question to improve our work. We don’t present work here (google slide) we prototype, early and often. Our focus is always on the user so we test early and often.
You are the confident, strategic voice in the room. You know the product well enough to know what is and isn’t possible. You understand and have strong design fundamentals and you’re comfortable leading conversations with stakeholders. And you play an active role in evolving our design system.
Who you are
- You are master craftsmanship with a portfolio of amazing work.
- Your attention to detail and care for design execution is impeccable, from concept through delivery.
- You participate in all project phases, from strategy to launch to optimization.
- You work iteratively and collaborate with the team on initial concepts, user flows, visual design, and prototypes.
- You're a product manager's right hand and you thrive in helping to define requirements, not just translating them into designs. You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates. Questions everything, and why.
- You use data to drive decisions and have an understanding of what features can act as multiplier for our business.
- You don't get intimidated tackling large complex projects and creating clear timeline of tasks and deliverables for your team.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of experience
- Expert at developing and conveying ideas clearly in written and visual format - making business concepts and data visually engaging through use of color, typography, images, infographics, and animation.
- Mastery of Principle and Figma
- Attention to detail — every decision matters
- Deadline-driven with the ability to prioritize projects concurrently
- Ability to work collaboratively with people from all disciplines and levels
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful visual and interaction work
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Experience with identifying and solving complex and ambiguous design problems
- Can demonstrate thinking at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Proven ability to manage and lead in cross-functional environments
- Ability and desire to solve complex product design problems and the strategy skills to deliver best-in-class solutions
- Impeccable execution and care for all aspects of design, from conceptual thinking to motion and visual design
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and present findings, and articulate design rationale
- Experience working in a highly iterative, collaborative environment where people share work daily
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (principle, or code)
- We like to move fast – and you know what quality looks like and how to help product teams ship at that quality with minimal impact on velocity.
What you’ll do:
- Ideate, concept, and design projects spanning product features, landing pages, internal collateral, and external brand communications
- Attend shadowing and learning sessions with departments throughout the company
- Partner with Engineers and Product Managers to create and ship work
- Evolve our design system
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $101,000-$149,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.