Junior Escrow Officer
Who We Are
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You’ll Do Here
- Manage the Escrow Officer's desk independently during their absence, maintaining relationships, resolving issues, and managing workflows.
- Handle complex situations with minimal EO involvement, such as probate, layered entities, and power of attorneys.
- Independently manage a growing portfolio of files under EO supervision.
- Ensure end-to-end contract knowledge for timely and error-free closures.
- Verify paperwork completeness for on-time and accurate escrow closures.
- Collaborate with lenders and underwriters for smooth financial oversight.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with industry stakeholders.
- Promote our services, build trust with new agents, and provide exceptional service to retain them.
- Mentor and train escrow assistants, offering growth opportunities.
What you Bring
- Three to five years of front- and back-end escrow experience.
- Required certifications as per local regulatory requirements (e.g., Notary Public and Escrow Officer licenses).
- Technical expertise in the closing process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google Workspace and escrow software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Medical (Anthem or Kaiser), Dental & Vision (MetLife)
- Long-Term Disability & Short-Term Disability, Hospital Indemnity Insurance (Aflac)
- 401k (Guideline), Life Insurance (MetLife) & Pet Insurance (Nationwide)
- Commuter benefits are offered in certain locations
- PTO, including Volunteer Days to give back to your community
- Annual Anniversary Perks, including professional development and sabbaticals!
- HomeLight Services to help you with buying and selling your home
The following compensation information is provided to comply with job posting disclosure requirements in Colorado, New York, Washington, and California.
Base Pay Range: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00, in addition to base pay you earn commissions. Base pay will vary depending on several factors, such as the position, location, qualifications of the individual, market conditions, and other operational business requirements.
HomeLight is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request and any accommodation will be addressed confidentially.