Who We Are
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You love thinking about how to use data to identify trends, discover insights, and develop recommendations that drive value for the business. You will work on projects with marketers, product managers, operations, the executive team, and even our PR team (e.g., finding stories in the data for journalists) that require you to have flexible quantitative skills.
You will be the go-to person for data questions, execute analysis, build datasets and visualizations, and communicate your findings in presentations. You have a mix of analytical, technical, and operational skills which enables you to partner with operational and strategic stakeholders, develop a deep understanding of the business, and identify ways to use data to help drive their business forward.
What You’ll Do
- Create and monitor metrics to support Product Managers and internal operators
- Develop core dashboards, reports and analytical tools for users ranging from analyst to executive
- Support ad hoc data requests through either SQL query or quick report or dashboard and analyze large quantities of data using Python, VBA or R to drive growth strategies based on profitability, market potential and sales trends
- Use statistical analysis or data mining tools to analyze data, identify insightful trends, and convert data into meaningful recommendations for business owners and the executive team
What You Bring
- 1-2 years of experience writing and tuning SQL queries and building reports/dashboards. This experience has allowed you to not only to drill down deeply into the data looking for insights but also to help others on the team gain access to more insightful data (e.g., dashboards). If you can supplement or mostly replace SQL with Python, that’s a plus
- Expertise in data manipulation. You should be comfortable in writing scripts using SQL or any scripting language for data exploration and investigation
- Strong communication and data visualization skills. You should have the ability to tell the story behind the data to your stakeholders.
- Strong quantitative skills and a basic understanding of statistics (e.g., when you find an interesting pattern, you can figure out when it is just noise). We are not, however, looking for someone with an extensive background in machine learning and advanced statistics.
- Mid-level expertise in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys and market research preferred
- Knowledge in Excel, VBA and other scripting languages (e.g., Python, R etc.) and experience in reporting systems like Tableau, Looker, and Periscope.
- Experience in using GitHub is a plus. Our team is using GitHub as our sole code repository.
- You are willing to experience and learn new BI tools, and apply best practices in coding and reporting.
- A desire to make using data across the company Simple, Certain, and Satisfying
- Excellent communication skills
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field – Analytics, Finance and Statistics preferred
HomeLight is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request and any accommodation will be addressed confidentially.