Senior Software Engineer - UI - GTM Platform
This is an amazing opportunity to be a Senior Software Engineer in a high-growth, high-potential startup and to work on redefining Product-Led Go To Market (GTM) at Harness. The GTM team sits in the center of multiple module teams and leads growth and monetization initiatives for the company as a whole.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and delivering high-quality software that directly impacts the company's product experience across multiple modules such as Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Feature Flags, Security Testing Orchestration, Service Reliability Management, Chaos Engineering and this list continues to grow at an incredible pace.
This is a high impact, high visibility role that requires immense cross-functional execution spanning Engineering, Sales, Marketing, UX, Research, Customer Success and Support.
About the role
- Experience with any of ReactJS, AngularJS, BackboneJS, KnockoutJS, or EmberJS
- Experience with responsive design and a deep understanding of object-oriented design
- Experience in performance debugging and benchmarking
- Experience in turning a design into a cleanly architected HTML and CSS
- Quickly understand complex systems/code and own key pieces of the system, including delivered quality.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems in a distributed computing environment. This includes debugging, root cause analysis, and implementing fixes.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including design specs and user manuals.
- Ensure the software and integrations are thoroughly tested, either by writing unit tests, integration tests, or overseeing quality assurance processes.
- Perform peer reviews of specifications, designs, and code. Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers.
- Work alongside Site Reliability Engineers and cross-functional teams to diagnose/troubleshoot any performance-related issues in production environments.
- A desire to build products that solve complex technical problems for end users.
- 4-6 years of Industry experience in the developing software in the Frontend technologies
- Deep understanding of how distributed resilient software is built and deployed
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design along with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Comfortable working in short, agile, iterative development cycles
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast-moving startup environment
- B Tech degree in CS or equivalent
Successful candidates will be expected to work on-site, in Mt. View CA 3 times per week
Harness in the news:
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.