Senior Cloud Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Harness is a high-growth company that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, Software Engineering Insights, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced individual to join our team as a Subject Matter Expert and Power User for a designated Harness Module. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Providing support to the team in various deployment-related activities, including production/log access, as per the governance policy.
- Collaborating with Principal Engineer(s) to implement best practices related to Infrastructure, Scaling, and Performance for the module.
- Conducting regular Chaos tests in collaboration with Infrastructure/Cloud Engineering to ensure system reliability.
- Owning the Observability of the Module, including monitoring with tools such as AppD, GCP Monitoring, and Prometheus.
- Troubleshooting, participating, and driving module-related issues across Production and Non-Production environments.
- Managing product releases and ensuring successful deployment to various environments.
- Participating in On-Call rotation to provide prompt support when required.
- Proficiency in serving as a Power User and SME for the designated Harness module.
- Should have experience in Java or Go
- Strong experience in GCP/AWS.
- Hands-on experience in Python/Shell scripting.
- Working experience in creating Grafana Dashboards and Alerting.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Remote office stipend
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly Food & Beverage Reimbursement Program
HARNESS IN THE NEWS
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
See more open positions at Harness
Something looks off?