Staff Software Engineer - Test
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Harness is a high-growth startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
Looking for Principal SDET, who owns, enjoys & contributes towards the quality of the whole product, covering functional, automation, performance, scalability, usability testing & beyond. You should have led Automation teams as a technical lead, or Automation CoE in your current or previous roles
- Proficient programming knowledge in Java (Python, JS is a bonus)
- Well-versed with DS and provides an optimal solution to the problem statement
- Strong automation experience in UI (Java Selenium) & Rest assured API automation.
- Reviews current build & release process, improves visibility/insights via necessary data collection & dashboards
- Able to deploy applications on Docker, and Kubernetes & debug technical issues.
- Integration with CI tools like Jenkins, Drone, etc
- Working knowledge of at least one Cloud Platforms (Google Cloud, Amazon AWS, Azure, etc)
- Involved in continuous research, performed PoCs, and extended automation frameworks.
- Should have good exposure to Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, etc.
- Should be passionate about exploratory testing, in-sprint automation using various open-source or licensed tools (eg: Testim), performance testing, security testing, etc.
- Understands eco-system, continuously provides new solutions & optimizes efforts & outcomes
- 10-15 years experience
- Well versed in Java programming to build automation frameworks and drive meaningful change across Dev, test and deploy.
- 10+ years in Java based development environments
- You're focused on overall business metrics that can be achieved through flexible automation & release strategy.
- Derive ART (Automation Regression Test) goals and contributes to specific outcomes
- Derives & implements automation strategy across layers for current & future business scalability
- Eliminates/Automates repeated steps related to setting up the environment, test executions, failure analyses, reset environment configurations, etc.
- Follows all Quality Hygiene processes (updates Test case, Bug & Test script attributes such as priority, components, tags, Escape analysis, etc)
- Involve & participate actively in CFD analysis, drive RCA for the CFDs, learn from the gaps, and focus on continuous improvement.
- Applies "Test Pyramid" model and ensures quality is built-in across the Product life cycle.
- Suggests & sets up a roadmap for the ART team on continuous evolution fast-moving startup environment
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Experience building a transformative product
- End-to-end ownership of your projects
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefit
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Remote office stipend
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly Food & Beverage Reimbursement Program
HARNESS IN THE NEWS
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
See more open positions at Harness
Something looks off?