Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Burlingame, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Genesis Therapeutics is building a world-class software team to solve problems in drug discovery through machine learning, biophysical simulation, and computational chemistry. We are looking for full-stack software engineers who can collaborate with researchers and biochemists to build out Nucleus, the core application used to run our drug programs and research efforts.
- Own all aspects of Nucleus, including high-level technical planning, feature development, deployment and testing
- Build tools for visualizing novel molecules and interpreting machine learning models, molecular dynamics force fields and simulations
- Improve how chemists and biologists interact with our proprietary generative and predictive models
- Increase the research velocity of the machine learning and molecular dynamics research teams
- A deep thinker who reasons from first principles, balances attention to detail with architectural thinking, and has an investigational curiosity to find the root cause of a problem
- 3-5 years experience working with React, Flask and Postgres, writing production code and driving projects to completion
- Comfortable working across all levels of the software stack, from front-end interfaces to backend features to managing infrastructure
- Interested in learning more about drug discovery and machine learning
What we offer
- The opportunity to work on high impact tools and products that are immediately deployed to accelerate the discovery of new medicines
- Strong technical coworkers in AI, software, and chemistry, who all have a powerful mix of intellectual curiosity and humility. The team reads and discusses 1-2 machine learning or chemistry papers every week to stay on top of the field and inspire new ideas
- Competitive salary and equity. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401(k) program
Genesis Therapeutics is unifying AI and biotech to discover novel and breakthrough treatments for patients with severe and devastating conditions. Genesis was founded on groundbreaking molecular ML research and since has established itself as the industry leader in AI for small molecule drug discovery. Our team of accomplished biotech leaders and expert drug hunters joins forces with deep learning researchers and software engineers who are pioneering predictive and generative AI technologies for molecules.
Our team has created the industry's most advanced molecular AI platform called GEMS (Genesis Exploration of Molecular Space), to accelerate and optimize small molecule drug discovery and to enable the discovery of novel first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule drugs for challenging and/or undruggable targets.
The company has leveraged GEMS to build an internal pipeline with multiple programs against high-value targets, including data-poor and canonically undruggable targets where GEMS is uniquely advantaged. In addition, Genesis has two AI platform collaborations across a range of therapeutic areas: Eli Lilly (signed in 2022, with a $20M upfront payment and a $670M total deal size), and Genentech (signed in 2020).
We raised a $200M series B in August 2023, and have raised over $280M in funding from top technology and biotech investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Rock Springs Capital, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Radical Ventures, NVentures (NVIDIA's VC arm), BlackRock, and Menlo Ventures.
Genesis is headquartered in Burlingame, CA, with a fully integrated laboratory in San Diego. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finding the best talent is our top priority at Genesis Therapeutics. If you are interested in potential partnership on recruitment, please reach out to [email protected].