Staff Autonomy Engineer, Perception
Fox Robotics is at the bleeding edge of warehouse automation, with a focus on autonomous forklifts. As the leader in this space, Fox has clear product market fit and is scaling fast, with plans to double from ~100 employees to nearly 200 this year alone. With this growth, employees have a once-in-a-career opportunity to learn, all while working as part of a mission-driven team focused on making robots that work.
Come join a team focused on giving autonomous forklifts an understanding of the world around them. We turn sensor data into models of the world that provide a basis for action, allowing our forklifts to safely move around, manipulate objects in the environment, and perform useful work.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain perception code that runs on our fleet of autonomous forklifts
- Adapt modern research in robotics, artificial intelligence, and computer vision to solve challenging problems in robotics with a focus on performance and reliability
- Write code in C++ and Python
- Analyze current system weaknesses and contribute improvements that address them
- Design and build one or more key components of a modern, scalable autonomy system
- Deliver high quality code to ensure systems are robust and reliable
- Work with multi modal sensor data including RGB, stereo depth, and LiDAR
What you’ll need:
- M.S. / Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years of experience
- Familiarity with PyTorch
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Experience training deep convolutional neural networks
- Experience with sensors and hardware
- Experience with warehousing or logistics
- Ability to find simple, robust solutions to challenging problems
Nice to have:
- Experience with 3D point cloud data (using both classical and deep learning techniques)
- ML ops experience - building and maintaining modern deep learning pipelines
- Experience deploying deep learning on the edge
- Experience using deep learning or other learned techniques to clean up sensor data
- Experience with photo-realistic simulators
Benefits and perks:
- A once in a career opportunity to build, alongside colleagues who deeply care (plus robots that aren’t bad, either!)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Generous healthcare options
- 401k match
- Unlimited PTO
- Other perks that connect us, including lunch on Fridays, team building activities, and more!
More About Fox Robotics
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader (forklift) that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our customers by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.