Manufacturing Test Technician
Fox Robotics is at the bleeding edge of warehouse automation, with a focus on autonomous forklifts. As the leader in this space, Fox has clear product market fit and is scaling fast, with plans to nearly double from ~90 employees in the next year. With this growth, employees have a once-in-a-career opportunity to learn, all while working as part of a mission-driven team focused on making robots that work.
As a member of Fox Robotics’ testing operations team, you will set the standard for safe and scalable processes for the testing of robots in our warehouse environment. We are looking for a strong communicator who has a drive for constant improvement. The Manufacturing Test Technician role is always growing and evolving in order to fit the needs of our team.
This is a full-time 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) position that will be based at our Austin, TX headquarters.
What you’ll do:
- Operating manual and automated forklifts in our warehouse testing environment.
- Configuring simple test environments.
- Troubleshooting basic software and hardware issues.
- Effectively assisting with testing operations.
- Communicating professionally with the Deployment Operations Technicians and Engineering team during local testing operations.
- Maintain a safe & clean work environment
- Occasionally traveling to customer locations as part of growth track towards Deployment Operations Technician ~10% if needed.
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Comfortable using a computer (Slack/Spreadsheets/Google Workspace)
- Basic maintenance on the robot / forklift
- Perform maintenance duties as required
- Monitor forklifts to determine when preventative maintenance is required for the forklifts
- Familiarize yourself with forklift battery systems and preventative maintenance
- Required to become certified Fox Robotics forklift operator after being hired
- Assist when needed, training new Fox robotics employees on the robots
- Assist engineers with testing and running the robots
- Manually load trailers with forklift
- Re-palletize testing loads
- Document and report information required for engineers
What you’ll need:
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to quickly learn new software
- A willingness to occasionally work different shift hours, including early mornings, nights, and potentially weekends – your schedule may shift as needs change over time
- A valid driver license
- An ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Openness to working nights or weekend shifts
Nice to have:
- Tech startup experience
- Familiarity with automation and mobile robots
- Familiarity with warehousing and logistics
- Field service experience
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience troubleshooting common software and hardware issues
- Basic mechanical repair knowledge (changing fuses, brake pads, etc…)
What’s in it for you:
- A once in a career opportunity to build, alongside colleagues who deeply care (plus robots that aren’t bad, either!)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Generous healthcare options
- 401k match
- Generous PTO
- Other perks that connect us, including lunch on Fridays, team building activities, and more
More About Fox Robotics
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader (forklift) that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our customers by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.