Fox Robotics is at the bleeding edge of warehouse automation, with a focus on autonomous forklifts. As the leader in this space, Fox has clear product market fit and is scaling fast, with plans to nearly double from ~90 employees in the next year. With this growth, employees have a once-in-a-career opportunity to learn, all while working as part of a mission-driven team focused on making robots that work.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will be a driving force in the manufacturing operations of Fox Robotics.
- You have no problem taking feedback from technicians, engineers, and operation support personnel to improve processes.
- You understand the impact that good documentation can have on the process and know how to prioritize the most impactful tasks without daily guidance.
- You recognize the value of technicians and can see how Manufacturing Engineers serve the technician pool.
- Work with Quality, MFG Engineering, Product Engineering, Purchasing, and Finance to ensure that the manufacturing line is operating efficiently and safely.
- Know how to write a good work instruction, QC checklist, Non-Conforming Product report, and how to manage revision release.
- Deep knowledge of CAD systems and strong solid modeling skills.
What you’ll need:
- Have a passion for clean, accurate, and consistent documentation.
- Put safety before anything else and aren’t afraid to stand your ground when something is unsafe.
- Value emotional intelligence and will foster a healthy cooperative company culture.
- Know how to expertly resolve conflict with finesse and compassion.
- Can focus deeply to publish procedures and technical documentation.
- Have the skills to write crystal clear Work Instructions, Assembly Procedures, and SOPs.
- Know how to read wiring diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Understand the Lean Manufacturing principles and have a demonstrated history of executing them in a production environment.
- Have worked as a Manufacturing Engineer in a high mix or high volume plant.
- Have participated in Lean Manufacturing Initiatives like 5S+, Kaizen, 8D Analysis, or conducted data centric quality analysis.
- Have a degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering OR you’ve spent your career rubbing shoulders with “engineering types.”
- Understand the value that humans bring to the workplace.
- Will work intently to solve problems that threaten production goals.
- Have felt tied down or stifled at large corporations because they move so slowly.
- Know your own limitations and can rely on the expertise of others without feeling threatened or intimidated.
- Are extremely curious about everything.
- Know how to create a drawing template in CAD.
- Can evaluate mechanical and/or electrical diagrams for errors.
- Can evaluate mechanical and/or electrical diagrams for DFM and DFA.
- Are comfortable working with engineers to improve designs and give advice on improvements needed.
- Can maintain inventory counts, shortage reports, and kitting procedures with extreme attention to detail.
- Possess unwavering character and can keep your cool under pressure.
- Thrive in high-stakes environments where you are personally held accountable for the financial well-being of your slice of the organization.
- Have 3+ years of experience working in manufacturing environments.
- In the past, you’ve been a successful manufacturing engineer, design engineer, or drafter.
- You have a talent for written communication and intuitively know how to get your point across.
- You have experience writing, approving, and revising technical documentation.
- You are an outstanding communicator, both verbally and in writing. You naturally document plans for transparency so future employees can quickly get up to speed.
- You have excellent judgment and excel at making difficult decisions by collecting information, asking questions, and weighing trade-offs. You are quick to admit when you have been wrong. You are comfortable being vulnerable about what you learned.
- You are an active listener with humility and empathy. You naturally build relationships with your team and peers. You often debate the other side of issues and try on other people’s perspectives so that you can learn new things.
Nice to have:
- You can fix almost anything
- You have a passion for robots or automation
- You have experience at small companies or startup environments
- You are a morning person
- You are forklift-certified
- You are IPC/WHMA-A-620 certified
- You are familiar with ASME Y14.5 GD&T standards
- You have expert knowledge of OnShape cad packages
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Hybrid in-person and remote
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully-covered healthcare
More About Fox Robotics
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader (forklift) that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our customers by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.