About Fieldwire by Hilti
Fieldwire by Hilti, a San Francisco, USA based construction field management software, is used on over 1 million+ projects worldwide. We’re obsessed with improving the way teams work together. We’re building a Field Management Platform dedicated to construction teams — providing operational excellence for one of the world’s largest global industries -- $10 Trillion/year. We’re delivering a superior, easy-to-use product that’s driven by the voice of our customers.
Fieldwire solves the problem of access to information and coordination of labor at a large scale for some of the largest projects in the world. The Fieldwire mobile app has a five-star rating based on thousands of customer reviews. Fieldwire by Hilti has already transformed the way thousands of companies worldwide are working together.
As we grow, we want to expand our engineering organization to set up an engineering presence in France. Our vision is to build a team of 25 engineers in France that can own a product area end-to-end and help us make our platform feature rich, scalable and highly performing. With this global expansion in plan, we are looking for talented engineers to join our team in France.
As a Mid Level Backend Engineer, you’ll be joining an impactful team of highly skilled engineers who are building the core platform features and services to fuel our rapidly growing company! As a team, we are always working to continuously improve both our product and our craft. The Backend team focuses on developing world-class services and integrations, all the while ensuring to keep our apps secure, high-performing, and most importantly scalable (we’re growing!). We’re looking for our next Backend Engineer to come in and be excited in architecting and developing new features in the Fieldwire Platform, while keeping our current customers in production happy!
What you’ll be doing
The primary responsibilities of our next Mid Level Backend Engineer will be to:
- Design, build, and maintain our production services at scale.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack to deliver an amazing user experience.
- Closely work with our product team to create challenging, innovative, yet easy-to-use new features.
- Develop seamless integrations between Fieldwire and external services and partners to allow our customers to get the most out of our platform.
- Release a rapidly growing API while ensuring 100% backward compatibility.
- Build services with efficient auto-scaling to handle both peak and non-peak loads.
- Architect end to end systems to enable syncing large volumes of data in real time.
- Improve Fieldwire’s engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
At Fieldwire, we’re looking for our next Mid Level Backend Engineer to have the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of production web application experience
- Good knowledge of modern web application development and relational databases
- Writing clean, well-tested, and modular code that you know your colleagues can also own, understand, and maintain
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
And if you have any of the following, we REALLY want you to apply today!
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and its ecosystem
- Previously have worked with high-traffic web applications and services
- Well-versed with Docker and containerization
- Familiarity with AWS
Where is the job located?
This role is fully remote within France.
Fieldwire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.