Strategic Account Executive (SLED)
Everlaw is seeking SLED Strategic Account Executives that demonstrate our company values of attention to detail, setting your own bar, egoless communication, and respect for customers. In this role, you will be responsible for finding and securing new SLED customers and communicating how Everlaw can help meet their litigation, investigative, and collaboration needs. You will have experience prospecting, running discovery calls and demos, negotiating, and possess a track record of closing new state and local customers. You should also understand public sector use cases and how to navigate the state, local, and higher-ed procurement process to sell across multiple departments and agencies. To be successful in this role, you will understand how to go after new government business and build relationships with the right decision-makers.
Numerous Government entities already use Everlaw: Our GovCloud-based, fully FedRAMP product offering has multiple Federal and State AG customers.
Whether it be a timely follow up on a request for information, a cold call, or an expo booth visit, the Sales team is often the first point of interactions for prospective Everlaw clients and the team strives to make those conversations memorable and impactful. Sales focuses on delivering excellence through every step of an organization's diligence of improving litigation and discovery workflows, employing genuine curiosity in discovery calls, conducting highly tailored demonstrations and presentations, and curating compelling proofs of value to ensure that our new customers can come on board with a clear path to achieving success. Everlaw’s sales team isn’t your typical one. Whether it’s spearheading a climate-action themed cold calling event or group crossword puzzles over lunch, reps and leadership alike embody a commitment to bringing their authentic selves to work.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating the truth. Our company culture is open and vibrant, and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team. Learn more about Life at Everlaw.
This is a full-time, exempt position in either our Washington, D.C. office; or remote in one of the following states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY. Office-based employees are eligible for a hybrid work schedule: in office M/W/Th with the option to work from home Tu/Fr.
- We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- We’re excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
In your role, you'll...
- Gain a deeper understanding of Everlaw’s software and customers through training and experience, allowing you to better target future customers
- Develop your product knowledge through Everlaw’s Demo certification, using your expertise to present Everlaw’s value to customers in greater detail
- Identify SLED opportunities through SAM.gov, GovWin and tools/publicly available sources
- Work with our inside Sales Development Representatives to create and execute call plans and lead follow-up
- Develop and execute a comprehensive territory plan
- Manage the full sales-cycle, including discovery, qualification, technical demonstrations and contract generation, as well as other deliverables for closing
- Establish relationships with a variety of existing accounts to understand their business needs and effectively communicate how Everlaw will meet those needs
- Work with Government associations and user groups to establish the Everlaw brand
- Use Salesforce.com for lead management and sales forecasting
- Work with our Ecosystem Partners, inkling Service Providers, Integrators and resellers, to provide offers and proposals to SLED customers
- Prioritize opportunities and coordinate your internal team to provide the best customer experience
- Conduct territory visits to meet customers face to face
- Meet quarterly sales goals
- Ensure 100% satisfaction with all customers
- You have at least 7 years of successful quota-carrying sales experience, with at least 5 years within SLED, particularly to State Attorney Generals or state-wide procurement
- Are familiar with Government-related Integrators and Partners
- You have software and/or SaaS sales experience
- You have a consistent record of over-achievement in past experiences
- You're technically adept and experienced with web technologies
- You have a passion for cloud technologies and great people skills
- You are a U.S. Citizen, with the ability to work within the United States. Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- You have experience selling Legal technologies
- Familiarity with MEDDPICC and/or Command of Message
- The expected salary for this role is $150,000. The base pay range is subject to change in the future. This role is also eligible for additional incentive pay/commission.
- Equity program
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and approximately 10 days (80 hours) per year of sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Find out more about our Benefits and Perks
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Ranked #9 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2023 for US small and medium companies
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, and ranked #2 on the “2022 Bay Area Best Places to Work” list by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- One of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”