Jr. Customer Support Engineer
Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how companies welcome visitors, improve the onsite experience, book desks and meeting rooms, manage deliveries, and access accurate and unified workplace data in 16,000 locations around the globe by designing products that solve common workplace problems.
Envoy provides a simple way to manage your complex safety, security, and compliance needs across all your workplace locations—wherever you need to bring people together.
Rely on smart, automated solutions to common workplace problems, like freeing up unused space and eliminating repetitive tasks. Not only does this allow you to make the most efficient use of your space and resources, it frees up your team’s time to focus on the work that matters.
With Envoy’s intuitive technology that employees actually enjoy using, you can create a great workplace experience that fosters community and togetherness by making it easy for teams to coordinate working onsite.
Unlike companies that offer disconnected workplace solutions and disparate (and often imprecise) data sources, Envoy’s platform provides accurate, comprehensive, and unified workplace data so you can make informed business decisions. Envoy’s integrated solutions pull data from multiple sources to ensure that you always have the most accurate data available.
For more information, visit Envoy.com.
About the Role
As a Junior Support Engineer at Envoy, your core mission will be to identify and solve intricate technical challenges that our customers and support team face. You will play a pivotal role in understanding the technical nuances of our products, especially Envoy Integrations and APIs. Your insights and hands-on expertise will be essential to maintain a smooth experience for our developers and customers alike. This position requires a proactive approach, the capability to independently troubleshoot problems, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
This is not a remote position. The ideal candidate will need to be onsite & able to participate in hybrid work (Tuesday- Thursday) in the Austin, TX office.
- Become the primary expert on Envoy APIs, ensuring smooth deployment, documentation, and addressing any troubleshooting needs.
- Manage all inbound developer support inquiries, escalating issues as needed to Developer teams.
- Collaborate closely with customers, developers, solutions engineers, and support staff to resolve intricate challenges and improve the overall customer experience.
- Partner with the Support Engineering Manager & Engineering to consistently update and maintain our externally hosted developer documentation.
- Translate complex technical issues into clear actionable insights for upper management, acting as a crucial link between customers, developers, and our product teams.
- Engage with Product & Engineering to identify, triage, and prioritize issues affecting our developer's platform.
- Offer comprehensive, data-driven tool improvement suggestions and highlight core problems to our Engineering and other cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate on tech stack deployments within the organization, continuously seeking opportunities to optimize our internal tooling and improve efficiency across platforms such as Intercom, Salesforce, Retool, Maestro, and Zapier.
- Assist with high-severity P0 incidents with diligence until resolution, ensuring minimal disruption and swift recovery.
- 1-2 years of API-specific experience with HTTPS requests and Webhooks.
- 5+ years of general support and customer-facing experience.
- Independent, with a knack for identifying problems and the ability to solve them with minimal guidance.
- Collaborative, able to work seamlessly with cross-functional teams.
- Dedicated, with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence in all tasks.
- Inquisitive, always seeking to understand customer issues by staying connected with the support team.
- A high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- An opportunity to partner and collaborate with other talented people
- An inclusive community where you feel welcomed and cared for as a person
- The ability to make an immediate impact helping customers create a great workplace experience
- Support for your personal and professional growth
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in Austin, TX, our expected cash compensation for this role is $76,600- $90,100K (Annually). Final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
If you have any questions related to compensation, please contact Recruiting after you apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the job requirements and received the Envoy Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Envoy to process your application. Envoy is an EEO Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.