Fullstack Software Engineer
Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how companies welcome visitors, improve the onsite experience, book desks and meeting rooms, manage deliveries, and access accurate and unified workplace data in 16,000 locations around the globe by designing products that solve common workplace problems.
Envoy provides a simple way to manage your complex safety, security, and compliance needs across all your workplace locations—wherever you need to bring people together.
Rely on smart, automated solutions to common workplace problems, like freeing up unused space and eliminating repetitive tasks. Not only does this allow you to make the most efficient use of your space and resources, it frees up your team’s time to focus on the work that matters.
With Envoy’s intuitive technology that employees actually enjoy using, you can create a great workplace experience that fosters community and togetherness by making it easy for teams to coordinate working onsite.
Unlike companies that offer disconnected workplace solutions and disparate (and often imprecise) data sources, Envoy’s platform provides accurate, comprehensive, and unified workplace data so you can make informed business decisions. Envoy’s integrated solutions pull data from multiple sources to ensure that you always have the most accurate data available.
For more information, visit Envoy.com.
About the role
Envoy Workplace launched in May 2023. In ~2 months post-launch it exceeded $1.5 million of Annual Recurring Revenue. This is Envoy’s fastest growing revenue stream and is expected to continue growing at a rapid pace.
Envoy is transforming modern workplaces for hybrid work and safely bringing people together so they can connect, collaborate, and thrive. Envoy’s workplace platform software has redefined how companies welcome visitors, keep employees safe, book desks and conference rooms, and manage deliveries in over 20,000 locations around the globe. Companies like Slack, Pinterest, and Warby Parker rely on Envoy to create an unrivaled first impression and keep their offices running smoothly. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, Brookfield Growth, and many others.
This team is the core features team for Workplace and is ultimately held responsible for this product’s success and failure.
We are looking for an engineering leader to lead major product features, design systems, and mentor other engineers. As this product develops, I expect every engineer to be part of the core technical or people leadership team. This is a unique opportunity and timing to join in the early stages of a rocket ship product and to direct where it’s going.
Since the pandemic, Envoy has become a Employee workplace management product including features like Scheduling, Desk Reservations, Conference Room Management, Occupancy Analytics, Badging and Access Control, Mapping, and Health & Safety tracking.
We want this individual to get excited about driving the end-to-end Product Engineering process through all its stages: problem definition, solution exploration, system design, code execution, deployment, monitoring and iteration.
And we want this individual to be obsessed with enabling others on the team to improve “Product Velocity” - the speed at which we can ship new products to the market. We intend to accomplish this not by putting in more hours, but by creating clean abstractions and systems so that Product Engineers can move quickly.
This is not a remote position.
The ideal candidate is excited about working in-person with peers in New York City. We bounce product ideas off of each other and whiteboard software systems. We want someone who’s excited to be part of the collaborative culture and contribute to that energy.
- Help us scale: Our Employees product is used by tens of thousands of people every day. This is only the beginning and you will be an integral part of expansion.
- Design core frontend and backend software components that support our Employees product.
- Drive ambitious system design and architecture
- Drive engineering projects to completion. You will be an advocate for quality while also holding ambitious product goals.
- Be an advocate for the end-user, whether they are an Envoy customer or external developer
We believe that strong engineers can learn any stack, but we currently use:
- Kotlin and Ruby on Rails for our backend application layer
- Ember, React, and Typescript for our front-end
- Postgres for our database
- AWS for our infrastructure
- Comfortable and energized operating in a fast moving organization
- Excited to work with a team that’s focused on Product Velocity
- Passionate about our product and working with Enterprise sized businesses
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Enthusiastic about learning and growing at Envoy
- Intellectually curious and ambitious
- A graduate of BS / MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 4+ years of software engineering experience or coding experience
- BS / MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- A high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- An opportunity to partner and collaborate with other talented people
- An inclusive community where you feel welcomed and cared for as a person
- The ability to make an immediate impact helping customers create a great workplace experience
- Support for your personal and professional growth
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in New York, NY, our expected cash compensation for this role is $170K-$200K (Annually). We are considering various backgrounds, so final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
If you have any questions related to compensation, please contact Recruiting after you apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the job requirements and received the Envoy Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Envoy to process your application. Envoy is an EEO Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.