About the Role
At Chime, leading risk is one of the key proficiencies that set us apart from our peers. Our goal is to keep member accounts safe, provide them uninterrupted access to their money, and minimize risk exposure all while maintaining best-in-class fraud loss metrics. As a Fraud Investigator at Chime, you will be part of the Chicago office where you’ll investigate and analyze suspicious fraudulent activity to help develop, refine, and complete Chime’s tactical risk strategies. In this role, you’ll assist with outlier pattern detection while taking appropriate actions on Chime member accounts with a high precision rate.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $92,520 and up to $128,600. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Monitor and identify optimization areas for risk reporting to adapt to shifting industry trends.
- Extract and review data for exploratory and extreme suspicious activity. Including performing investigative analysis on accounts crafting similar fraud risks
- Support product and feature launches through the lens of proactive risk mitigation opportunities.
- Identify criteria, validate data, and communicate awareness of trends to influence fraud strategy, model revisions, and rule efficacy to collaborators and senior management.
- Understand current risk methodologies and conceptualize solutions
- Partner with Analytics and Data Science teams to implement risk mitigation tactics and deploy models focused on identifying various fraudulent behavior and activity proactively
- Triage escalated cases that resulted in adverse account actioning
- Assist with optimization of processes to improve member experience
- Support ad-hoc projects as assigned
To thrive in this role, you have
- Minimum 3 years of experience with fraud prevention, fraud data analysis, investigations, or risk management
- 1 year of using SQL as a part of the analysis
- Ability to jump into escalated situations with limited notice
- Drive and ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Experience analyzing current fraud trends
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A positive, team player mentality with strong collaborative qualities
- Experience with Independently managing short and long term projects
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, and Cook County ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Chime requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if eligible) against COVID-19 in order to work in one of its offices, join Company-sponsored activities, or travel for business purposes. This job may require periodic office attendance and/or business travel and therefore candidates will need to be eligible for these activities by their start date.
Something looks off?