Sr. Program Manager
About the role
Chime is building a world-class member experience organization, and we believe member support should be built around 3 guiding principles:
- Frictionless Product: Use member insights to mitigate member issues with a simple, transparent product
- Excellent Service: Enable the organization to provide consumers who contact us with excellent service.
- Self-service: Provide self-service and automated capabilities to help consumers solve their own problems; create a community to support each other.
Within our Operations & Member Experience organization, this role is hyper focused on improving existing agent tooling and member support channels, while also exploring new experiences, developing a long term vision and partnering cross functionally.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for driving strategic cross functional initiatives across Chime’s internal Agent facing products and/or member support channels such as Live Chat and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) while managing new feature launches. You will partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders to develop data-driven hypotheses and frictionless solutions.
We are looking for a self-starter, change agent, and exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated track record of steering cross-functional initiatives and delivering stellar operating outcomes. This role requires an experienced program manager who thrives in a flat, fast-moving organization.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $116,100 and up to $161,300. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Deeply understand member experiences across Chime’s suite of products and make data-driven decisions and continuous process improvements
- Advocate for our members and provide meaningful insights to internal teams (e.g., Product) working to improve the member experience.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to increase the quality of Chime products and member support interactions.
- Partner closely with cross functional stakeholders to build and deliver world-class support experiences.
To thrive in this role, you have:
- 5+ years of cross-functional project management and leadership experience, ideally in consumer technology. A demonstrated track record of multi-tasking and coordinating efforts across multiple stakeholders.
- Data Oriented Decision Making
- 3+ years of experience of SQL and querying skills (experience working in and with Customer Support data is a plus). Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions.
- Collaborate with data analysts, subject matter experts, and decision-makers to develop data-driven insights to improve the overall member experience.
- Regularly communicate associated outcomes and insights succinctly to various team members at all levels, including senior management to help guide and influence strategic decisions for improvement
- Product operations experience; you have worked closely with product managers through the lifecycle of product development to advocate for the customer while driving business outcomes in alignment with product & feature roll-outs
- Technical knowledge with Dialog Flow, API, and fundamental technical knowledge needed to build a conversational chatbot, manage Live Chat channel and knowledge of Interactive Voice Response including call center technologies would be a preferred
- Product Operations/Voice of the Agent experience, proven ability to establish process and systems to understand and gather agent feedback and work closely with product managers through the lifecycle of product development to advocate for the agents while driving business outcomes in alignment with product & feature roll-outs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; a track record of successful engagement of both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated the ability to influence and foster deep positive relationships with external partners.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where vision remains the same but information may not be 100% available and priorities can change frequently
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- BPO operations or consulting background preferred but not required
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.