Quality Program Manager, Machine Learning
About the role
We are looking for a Quality Program Manager with expertise in Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML) to join our Operations and Member experience organization (OMX). In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for ensuring the optimal performance, functionality, and user experience of our speech-analytics dashboard, as well as using NLP and ML solutions to extract valuable insights for the business. Your responsibilities include effectively managing incoming tickets, addressing a diverse range of issues, feedback, and requests to maintain the highest level of user satisfaction. Additionally, your expertise will play a crucial role in maintaining and fine-tuning NLP models to ensure their optimal performance. This multifaceted role will contribute to enhancing the dashboard's quality, reliability, and usability while also extracting meaningful insights using NLP and ML techniques. (Please note that this is not a data scientist role.)
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $92,520 and up to $128,600. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Apply NLP and ML techniques to analyze and extract insights from unstructured textual data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and translate business needs into NLP/ML-driven solutions.
- Design, develop, and implement category models to address specific business challenges.
- Find opportunities for model improvement and lead tuning efforts to enhance accuracy.
- Collaborate with data engineers and data scientists to streamline data pipelines for NLP applications.
- Stay current with industry trends and advancements in NLP, LLM and ML technologies.
- Assist in building a culture of data-driven decision-making by providing actionable insights to key partners.
- Promptly identify, analyze, and resolve errors, glitches, software bugs, and malfunctioning features.
- Monitor and rectify data display errors to ensure accurate information representation on the dashboard.
- Address login-related difficulties and manage user permissions appropriately.
- Evaluate and prioritize user requests for new features or improvements, collaborating with the development team to enhance dashboard functionality.
- Gather and address usability feedback to enhance the overall user experience and interface design.
- Address and resolve issues related to dashboard speed and responsiveness to optimize its performance.
- Collaborate with the security team to ensure data privacy and security, providing a secure environment for dashboard usage.
To thrive in this role, you have
- Proven experience in a technical support or quality assurance role, preferably in a software or technology-driven environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues effectively.
- Familiarity with data analysis and interpretation for accurate data representation.
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with users, development teams, and team members.
- Proficiency in tracking and managing support tickets using relevant tools.
- Understanding of user experience principles to address usability concerns.
- Ability to work collaboratively and prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with sentiment analysis, text classification, entity recognition, etc.
- Solid understanding of machine learning concepts and methodologies.
- Ability to work with large datasets and perform data analysis.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a diligent approach to model development and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical team members.
- Comfort in working in a fast-paced, high-growth, global contact center environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, approx. 10% of the time (post COVID).
A little about us
At Chime, we believe that everyone can achieve financial progress. We’re passionate about developing solutions and services to empower people to succeed. Every day, we start with empathy for our members and stay motivated by our desire to support them in ways that make a meaningful difference.
We created Chime—a financial technology company, not a bank*-- founded on the premise that basic banking services should be helpful, transparent, and fair. Chime helps unlock the access and ability our members need to overcome the systemic barriers that block them from moving forward. By providing members with access to liquidity, rewards, and credit building, our easy-to-use tools and intuitive platforms give members the ability to have more control over their money and to take action toward achieving their financial ambitions.
So far, we’re well-loved by our members and proud to have helped millions of people unlock financial progress, whether they started a savings account, bought their first car or home, opened a business, or went to college. Every day, we’re inspired by our members’ dreams and successes, big and small.
We’re uniting everyday people to unlock their financial progress—will you join us?
*Chime partners with The Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, that power the bank accounts used by Chime Members.
What we offer
- 🏢 A thoughtful hybrid work policy that combines in-office days and trips to team and company-wide events depending on location to ensure you stay connected to your work and teammates, whether you’re local to one of our offices or remote
- 💻 Hybrid work perks, like UrbanSitter and Kinside for backup child, elder and/or pet care, as well as a subsidized commuter benefit
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus great medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🫂 1% of your time off to support local community organizations of your choice
- 🧠 Mental health support with therapy and coaching through Modern Health
- 👶 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents and an additional 6-8 weeks for birthing parents
- 👪 Access to Maven, a family planning tool, with up to $10k in reimbursement for egg freezing, fertility treatments, adoption, and more.
- 🎉 In-person and virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers—think cooking classes, guided meditations, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help millions unlock financial progress
We know that great work can’t be done without a diverse team and inclusive environment. That’s why we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas to join our team. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Cook County Ordinance, and consistent with Canadian provincial and federal laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.