Senior Software Engineer, Quality Services
About the role
As a Software Engineer in the Quality Services team at Chime you'll work with a motivated team to help define quality and the metrics by which we will track it. You'll work to instill the processes and procedures we'll need to live up to that standard. You'll lead our development teams on the creation of their test plans, showing the way yourself if you need to. You'll act as a Quality Product Manager, creating and refining a backlog of test automation and product instrumentation stories to ensure the dev teams spend their time coding rather than running manual tests. You'll roll your sleeves up when necessary (or when you want to - we all got into this business because we love coding and all things technical) to do a spot of implementation yourself.
The perfect candidate will have experience with at least one full web technology stack, an eye for bugs and design flaws, and a white/gray box testing mindset. If you love coding, testing, and desire the opportunity to create an amazing testing platform this challenge might be for you.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $149,300.00 and up to $207,300.00. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Have solid coding fundamentals and understanding of industry best practices
- Build new tools and automation from scratch to allow Engineering teams to operate more efficiently.
- Work actively with internal teams to gather requirements on new initiatives, plan, prioritize and communicate progress effectively to all stakeholders.
- Apportion appropriate time for support issues, deal with priority change, and manage expectations accordingly.
- Maintain Test Environments. Work with TechOps to build and validate test environments.
- Have strong communication skills to be able to work collaboratively with the development teams, external stakeholders, internal operations teams & senior management for key deliveries and production issues.
- Develop and implement a set of quality metrics that report on our coverage progress and represent the member experience.
- Maintain documentation and ensure resources are up to date, with a focus on providing an excellent user experience.
To thrive in this role, you have
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages and fluency with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Preferably some experience with Ruby and/or Python.
- 1-3 years experience in Software Engineer, Tools Engineering or Software Engineer in Test role
- Experience designing, developing, and managing automated testing
- Experience testing platform APIs and good understanding of end to end infrastructure.
- Experience creating web-based and UI based tools is a plus
A little about us
At Chime, we believe that everyone can achieve financial progress. We’re passionate about developing solutions and services to empower people to succeed. Every day, we start with empathy for our members and stay motivated by our desire to support them in ways that make a meaningful difference.
We created Chime—a financial technology company, not a bank*-- founded on the premise that basic banking services should be helpful, transparent, and fair. Chime helps unlock the access and ability our members need to overcome the systemic barriers that block them from moving forward. By providing members with access to liquidity, rewards, and credit building, our easy-to-use tools and intuitive platforms give members the ability to have more control over their money and to take action toward achieving their financial ambitions.
So far, we’re well-loved by our members and proud to have helped millions of people unlock financial progress, whether they started a savings account, bought their first car or home, opened a business, or went to college. Every day, we’re inspired by our members’ dreams and successes, big and small.
We’re uniting everyday people to unlock their financial progress—will you join us?
*Chime partners with The Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, that power the bank accounts used by Chime Members.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus great medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🫂 1% of your time off to support local community organizations of your choice
- 🧠 Mental health support with therapy and coaching through Modern Health
- 👶 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents and an additional 6-8 weeks for birthing parents
- 👪 Access to Maven, a family planning tool, with up to $10k in reimbursement for egg freezing, fertility treatments, adoption, and more.
- 💻 Hybrid work perks, like UrbanSitter and Kinside for backup child, elder and/or pet care, as well as a subsidized commuter benefit
- 🏢 A thoughtful hybrid work policy that combines in-office days and trips to team and company-wide events depending on location to ensure you stay connected to your work and teammates, whether you’re local to one of our offices or remote
- 🎉 In-person and virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers—think cooking classes, guided meditations, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help millions unlock financial progress
We know that great work can’t be done without a diverse team and inclusive environment. That’s why we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas to join our team. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Cook County Ordinance, and consistent with Canadian provincial and federal laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.