About the role
As an Escalations Specialist on the Operations team, you have a unique opportunity to join our small, rapidly growing, and high exposure team. You will help triage and resolve our members’ most sensitive issues. We’ll rely on your skills thorough investigation and de-escalation to optimally triage and resolve high impact issues. You will be responsible for seeing escalations through from start to finish, with the goal of driving resolution for both internal and external inquiries. You’ll be given the opportunity to appropriately document feedback and outreach, identify improvement opportunities, and engage with a variety of teams daily. This is a highly visible role, where you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally to tackle problems, supervise ongoing issues, and advocate for members who require ”white glove service” and attention. You may be a good fit if you take pride in your ability to de-escalate even the trickiest of issues and enjoy advocating for those that need help.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $62,190 and up to $84,700. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Analyze escalated cases, draw accurate conclusions based on findings, and clearly summarize sophisticated results
- Respond to and lead escalated issues with the highest degree of professionalism
- Summarize case facts and decision summaries, providing succinct post-mortem summaries to a highly visible audience of cross-functional team members and business partners
- Work closely with a variety of partners– from our call center agents to our executive team– to identify root issues and drive alignment toward case resolution in an agile space
- Maintain up to date knowledge of services and procedures
- Triage and prioritize incoming requests with a high degree of autonomy
- Have the opportunity to directly impact the company and grow your career at Chime
To thrive in this role, you have
- 2+ years experience with customer support at a startup, fintech, or highly regulated industry. Previous experience in banking, fraud, escalations, or trust & safety preferred.
- Escalated customer support experience in a high-volume environment.
- The ability to draft strong written communication without prompts, engage in high touch verbal communication, and deliver a top tier customer experience in spite of challenging circumstances
- A passion for solving puzzles and identifying the root cause of problems
- The ability to analyze, summarize, and communicate findings and issues drawn from facts and apply complex legal and regulatory requirements in a technically competent manner.
- A high level of coachability and eagerness to learn new things. The ability to learn new systems, frameworks, and processes quickly is critical.
- Familiarity with fin-tech products such as Chime, Venmo, Cash-App, PayPal, Green-Dot bank, Zelle, etc. Candidates who use these products themselves tend to have a better context on the work they will be doing.
- The ability to complete workload with minimal supervision and a strong desire to work for a fast-paced, high-growth organization
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.